MissDemeanor Sandy Creek Shootout

We fished Friday out of our home port  as part of an 8 boat party/ mini corporate outing. Had a good Idea where some decent fishing was from the results of the trip. Saturday AM, we met at the boat and weighed the options of going the 14 miles to the Flemish Cap, or run 16 miles to our home port honey hole. 2 miles wasn't a deal breaker, so back to Rochester we went. Set up deeper water and put out a spin Doctor At-Tom-Mik fly pattern.  The first two hours was a complete Sh!% show. We landed 12 big buckeyes, 4 kings, and lost two screamers (one still has a spinny /fly hanging out of his jaw). Two of our Kings were Majors, but two were the mid teens. At the end of the day we upgraded our 4 Kings to all in the 20 lb class. Interesting thing about the day was after all the boat traffic inside, the Kings quickly became negative. Diving out of the rigs on the screen. We grabbed some of our go to spoons and ran them with longer leads off the riggers. FingerLakes tackle company Frogs and AK47 took quite a few shots. Ive always had trouble with mid day negative kings, but with longer leads , I think that made the difference. We ended up 5th....  I want to thank Scott Bengsch (Silver Fox), Rob Westcott ( Legacy) and Brian Gambell(Escape) for all the hard work they put into this tournament. I would like to also congratulate Capt. Jerry Fellucca (Runnin Rebel) and teamates for the great box they brought in to the weigh in.  Anybody looking to dip thier toe into the tournament trail, this is the even to get in. It wont break your bank, there are alot of good people who fish it. Im absolutley NOT a tournament fisherman (I dont consider the LOC as a tournament), but it will be tough for me to not fish this event every year... Tight lines boys!

post-139783-0-45524400-1437954346_thumb.jpg

post-139783-0-28276500-1437954402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Missdemeanor

Nice job Matt and Kind of you on giving all of us insight on how you adapted your setup with the fishes reaction to all that pressure the fleet put on them. Thanks for the run down.

Your not kidding Kevin.... Guys in the ports get spoiled at the gas pumps. I won't complain too much because the quality and Consistant fishing we have out of the Rochester basin is worth the extra run time.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

70 ft... It was pretty late when I got on em. I'm a spoon guy, so I have a lot of confidence with spoons once the bite slows down. When they are on the chew, it's tough to beat paddle and flies/meat

Sent from my VS980 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Missdemeanor