Buffalo eyes

fishon

Fished 6-25.out of buffalo, lake Erie. Got to launch had to wait awhile for storms to pass. Slow ride out to fishing grounds. Little bumpy. Fished 9-12. No hits going into waves. Ended with 5. 50 fow along fence. Biggest 9lbs All worm harness. Was nice to be out.

post-141343-0-44393000-1438003522_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-63043600-1438003543_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-62875700-1438003569_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-84565400-1438003590_thumb.jpeg

Dunkirk. You can catch them 70 to 75 ft straight out. Fish are deep on the bottom. Or a little east out towards the border has been good. We did 60 eyes plus in three days during con club tourney. Fishing has been crazy good out of Dunkirk since early to mid May. 7 colors has been our shallow rod with best bite 50 to 60ft down out deep and 5 to 10 ft off bottom on the inside bite. Riggers, Dipsey, lead they have not been to picky.

Words been quite because of all the tourneys but limit catches have been pretty common. We fished Barcelona a few days prior to Sunset Tourney and in my opionion in the last few weeks the most consistent bite has been Dunkirk to Center rd.

Good Luck. Good bunches of the various Erie trout species out there too. Sunday we did two steelies, lost two, lakers and a brown.

So my fiancée bought us a guided fishing trip on Lake Erie for my birthday. The original date we had scheduled was rained out and the guide let us reschedule for this Saturday. Well today he calls us up and let's us know that the walleye haven't really been biting out of Buffalo and he doesn't have the equipment to go fish for them deep over by Dunkirk. So he gave us the option to reschedule again if we would like to or we can give it a shot and if we can't get into any walleye we can go after bass instead. So my question is this how does the walleye bite usually work out of buffalo? Are the fish going to move back in the next week or two? Or is it really a crap shoot and we might as well give it a shot on Saturday and if it's not working just go after some bass?

I have fished off sturgeon on the line and know early in the year the guys out of buffalo do very well. The past few years the buffalo bite has been strong but you can't beat west of the Catt to the pa line in the heat of summer. Deep cold water holds the bait when things get warm and the strong west winds the last week has warmed up the bottom temps drastically on the east end. I am sure there is still plenty of eyes being caught out that way just giving my opinion.

How can he be a charter and only have the stuff to fish buffalo? He dont want to spend the time or gas to get on numbers of walleyes that are West of him. it don't take much gear few riggers dipsys and leadcore and your in. Find a new charter I know one if you need.

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The walleye move to where the thermocline and bottom meet. They can be suspended above it. They may not be too deep as there are areas where low dissolved oxygen levels occur where decaying biological materials are present such as algae that has died off. The eastern basin areas are stacked with prevailing southwest winds that send warm surface waters deep to the bottom and the local fish migrate to preferred water temperatures and dissolved oxygen areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

65 to 68 showed lots of large fish. Walleyes are taken regularly in deeper waters. Riggers with harnesses, dipseys down deep and ten colors of leadcore line are working.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Don't fish under 80' right now you will be pestered all day by silver bass. We been doing real good 80-93 feet between center rd and Purina 7-10 color lead on harnesses (darker colors) and Bay Rats. We put almost 200 walleyes in the boat in the last week of fishing. I took a friend and his 3 and 7 yr old out yesterday we fished 3 hrs (10-1) before the kids got antsy and put 7 in the box.

Edited by fishkiller16

Fished out of Dunkirk today.  Those 10 - 15 mph winds with 3 to 4's and a 5 thrown in there to boot.  Man, gotta love those weathermen and NOAA.  Boy would I love a job where I could be wrong most of the time and have no reprocussions.  Anyways, fished in the 85 - 90 ft. range and boxed 4 walleye 7- 9 #'s.

Fished Sunday morning in the one footers 😠trolled from the Catt to Dunkirk. Boxed 6, all 5-8 lb. pink renosky on 8 color caught all

Terrible ride back.

Sorry 80-90 fow

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by bmac822