I bought a used Depth Raider two years ago and it had been working fine. I hooked it up for the first time this year last week while on Mexico Bay, and the head unit will not power up. I checked the connection to the batteries and even applied dielectric grease to the plug in the back of the unit all to no avail. Any ideas on what else I could try or is the head unit just shot? Unit is kept in the original box when not in use and stored in my basement during the winter. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I do have a volt meter. I'll check that tonight. I thought I was doing a good thing by putting the grease on the connection, I'll get that out of there and see if that makes a difference as well.

Make sure your positive and negative wires are on the correct terminals, also look for an inline fuse. The fuse could be blown or the connection corroded.

Good luck.

Well, checked the connections and the inline fuse, all are good.  Cleaned the connection on the back of the head unit with contact cleaner and still nothing.  I'm confused as to why nothing seems to be working.  I guess, somehow, the head unit must have gone bad.  IDK.  Does anyone know if you can get just the head unit anywhere?  I see the probes available but not the display or if anyone has a used one that they would be willing to sell I may be interested.

I hooked it to my multimeter and it showed only millivolts at the connector. I then put the multimeter on the battery itself and it measured 12.4 volts. Not sure what that is about but the plug is new when I bought the unit (it was missing from the box when I got it home).

If you did not read twelve volts at the plug, you have a break in the line somewhere. Check for twelve volts at the fuse. Also get a spare piece of wire to reach from battery to plug at dash. Connect this line to the negative terminal. Check for twelve volts between this wire and the positive side of the plug. This will let you know if the issue is on the ground wire or the positive wire. Mice are known to chew the rubber off the were in the winter