I want to start off by thanking all the guys who put this together- Scott, Rob, Brian, Matt, and whoever else had a hand in this- another great tourney!

Congrats as well to Jerry and his team for putting a nice box together.

Thursday night we headed out to check temps and saw the warm water rolled in. Had a great screen inside @ 100' so we sat down in that as we had a tip that the blue water was producing. Took 4 brown trout shots- none that made it to the boat.

BFF- we headed out to 250' and pointed it north. Had a good day with over 10 bites most of which came off of our meat rigs and e chips with Minion flies behind them down deep. The 450' copper, 130' rigger, and both wires out 300' were studs. Biggest king we would land was 20.66lbs. After seeing the big kings on the board we knew we needed a solid 20lb average for 3 fish and a kicker to take it home on sat.

Tourney day- We sat down at 300' out front and trolled north again, this time a very slow start. We got to 500' with a 15lb king and a small steelhead to show . Once we turned we heard that the 250' water was producing so we went in to check it out- WOW was it HOT! As soon as we hit 300fow rods were on fire. It was an all meat bite for us (for the big Kings)- all in the 70-120' down range. 11" Challenger paddles took 3 of our 4 kings.We ended with a 22, 29, 18, and 16lb king (18lber came at 1:55) to finish 8th in a top 10 consisting of almost all pro boats. We also out a 19th place LOC steelhead on the board.

Overall a fun day as the rods were non stop once we got in the 250' water.

I'm sure Dave has some pics from the day if he wants to post them.

Thanks again for a great tourney guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by NickR

Our Minion trolling flies in glow bug, homewrecker uv, 5 inch pro am, and crazy **** pulled behind flt custom echip paddles did their share of work also

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-152176-14380244504827_thumb.jpg

post-152176-14380244668155_thumb.jpg

post-152176-14380244876799_thumb.jpg

post-152176-14380245047497_thumb.jpg

post-152176-1438024516377_thumb.jpg

post-152176-14380245330368_thumb.jpg

post-152176-14380245450828_thumb.jpg

Our Minion trolling flies in glow bug, homewrecker uv, 5 inch pro am, and crazy **** pulled behind flt custom echip paddles did their share of work also

but meat was by far our work horse

Congrats and great to see your success Dave... persistence pays off out there and you've paid your dues :):yes:

I think you forgot to mention one small detail........................LOLOLOLOL

Oh, and we lost a ROD overboard... With a fish on it.

Hey Nick,

Congrats on your success! We finished just below you at 9th and we were glad to be in it. Lots of good boats out there. I really want to read Steve W.'s story on his 2nd place finish, just a pound less than Jerry, I know he has a good story to tell  :rofl:

We donated a 500' copper rig to the fish gods...

Gator

Oh, and we lost a ROD overboard... With a fish on it.

after it smacked me in the nose and sent my sunglasses flying across the boat!

No pro here, just a weekend warrior who's put in his time. The weeks leading up to SCS produced plenty of good fish a brown @ #14.12 a king weighing #23.7 and the second place LOC fish @ 27.15.

The location well.... everyone who boxed out on kings was there and they were hungry. Our start was a #12 king that was not going to help us in any way 7:15 AM and still not any thing to speak of.

At 8:30 the port rigger 95' down with a mag Finger Lakes KOS fires, my partner in crime Bob grabs the rod ...and were off, 450' disappears in seconds and he turns to me and says " we get another fish and were screwed".... no sooner than the word come from his mouth the wire dipsey mag out 180' get TANKED !!!!  I guess were screwed than because it's happening now.

As I'm fighting the wire fish and he's on the rigger the starboard rigger down 100' releases with a Carbon 14 on it, I throw the wire in the Bert's and set the hook on the other rod, now there's 3 kings on and the chaos is getting a bit stress full.

Bob's fish is almost at the boat a I'm the net man, mind you there's still 2 other king peeling line on a wire and the rigger I've put in the rod holder on the cannon. As I net the first fish and wrestle a #23 on board the fourth rod, another wire out 200' takes off on a rip that's got it folded to the cork. "your not done, take this..." handing him the 4th king to hit in 10 minutes. I grab the 2nd rod and wrench her home to see another #20 plus fish on the floor.

There's still 2 more to fight and were both running on adrenaline, I get the rigger and he's on the wire when they cross paths, convinced the mono fish is going to cut off I make a split second dive under him and my 50/50 shot at picking under proves true, there clear and now we can work on landing the last 2.

The smoke clears ALL 4 fish on my first QUAD have hit the bottom of the boat. In 30 minutes of total pandemonium we have just placed # 83.61 of king on the bottom of the Lund.  2nd in the SCS & the 2nd in the LOC, 18th place brown

My loving wife tells me to keep it up....$$$$ ( no Gambler, you can't have my horse shoe just yet)  the fall derby could be REAL fun ???

Edited by Lund SSS

Ha sweet story! Gotta love having all of the pressure off that early in the day! Nice to see some small boats at the top!

Awsome awesome job guy's! That story makes me want to go hit the lake right now! You guys fished along side us for most of the morning, lots of fish to be had there, we just couldn't keep them buttoned. Congrats on a stealer quad!

No pro here, just a weekend warrior who's put in his time. The weeks leading up to SCS produced plenty of good fish a brown @ #14.12 a king weighing #23.7 and the second place LOC fish @ 27.15.

The location well.... everyone who boxed out on kings was there and they were hungry. Our start was a #12 king that was not going to help us in any way 7:15 AM and still not any thing to speak of.

At 8:30 the port rigger 95' down with a mag Finger Lakes KOS fires, my partner in crime Bob grabs the rod ...and were off, 450' disappears in seconds and he turns to me and says " we get another fish and were screwed".... no sooner than the word come from his mouth the wire dipsey mag out 180' get TANKED !!!!  I guess were screwed than because it's happening now.

As I'm fighting the wire fish and he's on the rigger the starboard rigger down 100' releases with a Carbon 14 on it, I throw the wire in the Bert's and set the hook on the other rod, now there's 3 kings on and the chaos is getting a bit stress full.

Bob's fish is almost at the boat a I'm the net man, mind you there's still 2 other king peeling line on a wire and the rigger I've put in the rod holder on the cannon. As I net the first fish and wrestle a #23 on board the fourth rod, another wire out 200' takes off on a rip that's got it folded to the cork. "your not done, take this..." handing him the 4th king to hit in 10 minutes. I grab the 2nd rod and wrench her home to see another #20 plus fish on the floor.

There's still 2 more to fight and were both running on adrenaline, I get the rigger and he's on the wire when they cross paths, convinced the mono fish is going to cut off I make a split second dive under him and my 50/50 shot at picking under proves true, there clear and now we can work on landing the last 2.

The smoke clears ALL 4 fish on my first QUAD have hit the bottom of the boat. In 30 minutes of total pandemonium we have just placed # 83.61 of king on the bottom of the Lund.  2nd in the SCS & the 2nd in the LOC, 18th place brown

My loving wife tells me to keep it up....$$$$ ( no Gambler, you can't have my horse shoe just yet)  the fall derby could be REAL fun ???

Wow great story and congrats on the 2nd place finish!  

Awesome story, and thanks for not getting in the Calcutta!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Don't forget to e-mail that pic to me bud.

Awesome story, and thanks for not getting in the Calcutta! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't forget to e-mail that pic to me bud.

Craig was walking away to leave when we did Calcutta payouts and when nobody came up from your team we started yelling at Craig. He started running and he hurdled a cooler!...... I died laughing

silverfoxcharters.net

I screwed up and booked a double, so i had to drop Craig off with that charter for weigh in and I ran back to the Oak to pick up trip #2. Wont happen next year! I enjoy hanging out and chatting with everyone.

Edited by Yankee Troller

Craig was walking away to leave when we did Calcutta payouts and when nobody came up from your team we started yelling at Craig. He started running and he hurdled a cooler!...... I died laughing

silverfoxcharters.net

Craig was surprising light on his feet when he jumped the cooler. Lmao!