Wanted Excalibur Crossbow

I bought an Excalibur Matrix 405, end of last winter! Shot it quite a bit, It ABSOLUTLY WAS A PEICE OF SH*T! I would not recommend this crossbow to anyone. Loud, Jumpy Just a piece of Junk! Called Excalibur customer service thinking they would help me out! Heard good things about their customer service. Well I guess that changed promptly after Bowtech Bought Excalibur! I bought it thinking I was upgrading from my Parker Cyclone, Wrong the Parker was ten times the X Bow . Since getting  rid of the Excalibur I have bought a Ten Point Stealth FX4. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

The 405 is a beast. I don't think it represents Excalibur's product line very well. It may have been too quick to market. I had a Parker Cyclone as well and I bought a 380 Matrix, which I love. The smaller Excalibur crossbows (matrix 380, 355) are more refined, in my opinion. Go to a store and try some out. I like the 'in the field' string replacement capability of the recurves.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The 405 is a beast. I don't think it represents Excalibur's product line very well. It may have been too quick to market. I had a Parker Cyclone as well and I bought a 380 Matrix, which I love. The smaller Excalibur crossbows (matrix 380, 355) are more refined, in my opinion. Go to a store and try some out. I like the 'in the field' string replacement capability of the recurves.

The problem with the ones that you just said is that they aren't legal in NY......

Sorry about that. I wasn't aware of the 200lb max draw weight restriction. The new Matrix 310 would fit the bill. I like the Matrix models due to their shorter limbs / compact size. Comfortable for me or my daughter.