Cayuga FLTA tournament 7-26-15

Launched out of Deans Cove and headed on a south troll and set up shop in about 150 foot of water.. We ran rigs coppers cores wires and riggers.. The quality fish that had been in this particular area were not there so we quickly decided to go over to another spot that we do really well but hadnt done too hot there this year.. Well its a good thing we did because soon as we moved into 150 fow it was game on boating many lakers until we moved in to the zone and it was like on cue rainbows and landlocks and one king yes I said king. Lol... We had some great board smashes and and even lost a board due to a pretty nice rainbow that jumped at least 10 to 15 times after smashing a Iron Duke FLT spoon on a 200 copper.. We ended up with a pretty decent box of fish and headed to weigh in.. We end up second on the day with a 5 fish 31 lb box of finger lakes gold and retained our points lead... We had one of those days were if it could go wrong it did we lost lots of fish a board, 200 copper , and wadded up a 7 color and 5 color core together but I can't say enough about our crew they keep it together when things are bad and keep on trucking and working together to get everything back together and in the water and fishing again... I cant tell you how big of a thank you i owe Bob Fuller from FINGER LAKES TACKLE for setting me up with his top notch spoons and custom paint paddles and painting stuff i need a week in advance so i have what i need even if hes busy, this season im having wouldnt be happening with out his quality work thanks Bob... Ok back to this king thing.. We caught this fish and when I got it out of the water I was like "what the hell" if this fish is not a young king it looks exactly like one.. We sent pics to Dec to see if they could give us any kind of explanation but haven't heard back yet but when we do I will post results on post already going about it... Cayuga lake definitely has it going on right now some real quality fish being caught after the boxes I have seen come to the scales during our 2 club tournaments there this year...

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-14380485753704_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14380485906577_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14380486043798_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14380486172885_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14380486457644_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14380486626708_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14380486864873_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iron Duke

Awesome catch Mike, I have always wondered how you handle a big bow or LL in your spread. heard that Joe Joe caught a heck of a fish too..

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Oh it can get crazy at times John but for the most part we fare pretty well.. Once you get a system in place and get use to it but their are those occasional big boys that will ride along like just another average fish and then once at the boat try to give ya few suprises but all you can do is your best and hope it all comes together in the end...

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That fish looks a little like a chinook-coho hybrid but tough to tell from picture angle.  I do know that when native Atlantic Salmon were in Lake Ontario, they used to run all the way to some of the finger lakes and spawn in tribs there.  However, I didn't think the two bodies of water were connected anymore.