Help with Fishhawk

Love the knowledge I've gathered here from everyone. Finally catching some fish. Stepped up on the Fishhawk and it's almost installed, should be ready to got his weekend. Can anyone give me guidance on the best process in using the the added information I'll have? Am I looking for certain temps or looking for breaks in temperature? Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am sure the real experts will chime in, but yes, look for significant temperature breaks, both vertically and as you troll laterally.  Fishing these breaks should produce. When fishing for kings, I tend to look for temps in the high 40s to low 50s.

You will get all kinds of opinions on this subject.  Here is mine. 2.5-2.8 downspeed is the best for spoons like warriors, dreamweaver, NK's, FLT's, and Moonshines.  It's also a good speed for flasher/fly combos on my boat.  When I first got my FH, I was targeting 46 degrees down temp.  I noticed fish were always hitting the free sliding cheater(which was higher).  Now I target 53 degrees, give or take.  Those fish out there will come waaayyy up to get bait.  My strategy is to target bait depths and temps.  It is working for me.

Good advise from Madperry, I have noticed the same things. Low 50 degrees works for me also, along with down speed of lure.  I  like to see 2.7 to 2.8 along with some bait and you will be surprized how many fish you will catch, even if your not marking any!  Don't forget to set some baits up higher, last week we caught kings out of temp. and never marked them!  Plus then you may pick up some trout also.  Good luck with your hawk!

I like to Look for 52 and lower. Then set your spread some below and some above. I personally like setting the probe rigger right in the middle at 47ish then sending the other rigger into the ice water below. Then run my divers and coppers accordingly. Some above and some right in the 47 degree range. Guesstimating anyways as far as line out for divers and length of coppers. Fish will begin to be out of temp here soon and even now it doesn't hurt to fish the marks even if it's in 60 degrees. My opinion anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Ran with the Hawk for the first time this weekend. Tough fishing with the rough waters both days. Boated a 16 lb king Saturday. Limited time on the water, got blown off early with the high winds. Learned a lot about temp and speed! Down speed vs top speed is what surprised me the most. Ran the rigger at 48 degrees and spread up and down. Not a great weekend to learn got bounced around a lot! Thanks for your responses.