#3 SPRO 60LB Coast locs

I don't know about the size, but I have heard that you shouldn't use coastlocks for spoons.  Instead, you should use a rounded snap like a duo-lock snap.  Just what I've heard and I'm not sure why, but it works for me.

ok, so your adding the bearing to prevent line twist between mainline and leader. then your just using a coastlock or duolock snap at the business end? Curious to know why not a coastlock snap at the business end?

The Spro #2 and # 3 coastlock swivel snaps are the same length - - 1 1/4 inches long. The #2 is 45 lb test while the #3 is 60 lb test.The difference is basically the diameter of the wire I believe. I think what you are referring to as far as the action is that the coastlock snap has a slight angle to it at the front end vs. a truly rounded front end on either a standard snap or a duolock snap. therein lies the question. It may make a difference especially with a spoon without a split ring as the edge of the hole in the spoon can seat in the angle of the coastlock snap and may influence the action of the spoon. On a spoon with a split ring it may do it but probably not as much. Any change in action could go either way in terms of success though. For many years I have used the solid ring ball bearing swivels but attach a duolock snap instead of the coastlock because the rounded end allows a lot of freedom of the spoon whether it is superior is open to question because folks that use coastlocks still catch fish :)  For sticks I use just the ball bearing swivel at the end of the mainline to leader connection or in some cases place one about 3 foot from the spoon and use just the small duolock snap or an extra large size (still very small) Fast Snap to fasten to the stick bait.

Edited by Sk8man