We decided to try a different port this time out , first time to I-bay .The better half and I headed out  at 5am to the 150 water where we found ice water, 42 degrees in front of the smoke stacks and trolled northeast , riggers started firing right off , 55& 65 ft. down , moo moo cut bait rig with familiar bite Herring was the winner for sure but wire dipsy out 225 with  white /green flasher and Pro- am fly was the other good producer as well . Boxed out with Kings 8- 17 pounds , two Lakers 12 and 15 pounds and some skippys that were sent back all before 9:30 . Bite died down after that and the  jet skis started coming out so we headed in , fun  morning for us !

Have to give all the LOU members a big thank you for all the freely shared information as it surely takes a lot of the learning curve out of this big lake fishing .

Mike

We decided to try a different port this time out , first time to I-bay .The better half and I headed out  at 5am to the 150 water where we found ice water, 42 degrees in front of the smoke stacks and trolled northeast , riggers started firing right off , 55& 65 ft. down , moo moo cut bait rig with familiar bite Herring was the winner for sure but wire dipsy out 225 with  white /green flasher and Pro- am fly was the other good producer as well . Boxed out with Kings 8- 17 pounds , two Lakers 12 and 15 pounds and some skippys that were sent back all before 9:30 . Bite died down after that and the  jet skis started coming out so we headed in , fun  morning for us !

Have to give all the LOU members a big thank you for all the freely shared information as it surely takes a lot of the learning curve out of this big lake fishing .

Mike

You found 42 degree ice water on top? Did we have a recent upwelling?

Thanks for any input,

Chris

Great morning of fishing! Congrats. What was your down speed that seemed to connect? We have been seeing it fluctuate between 2.6- 3.0

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mike

Is there stacks in frount of IBay ? Maybe I haven't been paying attention. :(

Chris , Found ice water about 50'  down in an area about a square mile .

Trolling speed was best for us at 2.2 to 2.3 that day .

The double stacks or maybe they're not , were just west of Rochester ?? First time in the area .

It is russell station if you went west out of ibay. If you went east it would be vanlare you were probably seeing. Glad to see found rochester, you might have to burn some fuel but it is always well worth it. Now don't tell anybody,shhhhhhhhhhh.

Yes Russell was a power ant at one time it has been shut down for few years now !! It was at one time a hot place to fish in front of

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app