Lake Erie walleye out of SBH

muskie magnet

Heading up to Erie early Saturday morning out of the small boat harbor . I have 2 manual riggers and 1 10 color leadcore rod. Figure I'll fish 2 sticks of the riggers, worm-harness of the leadcore and 4 rods off my big planer boards with #2 tadpoles and worm-harnesses. Where to fish ? Fish the fence, how deep and are the fish suspended ? 1st time to Erie. Thanks, Gary

Go west waters warmed drastically you may get a few eyes way east but mostly you'll waist your time . Another thing to that really affects east end is the moon . I would at least fish west of sturgeon Pt . Deeper water is going to be your best bet . Oh yeah Erie is now 2 degrees above average.

We fished Dunkirk today. Headed west to van buren, then deep out past the Purina Tower. Waves were five to six footers. Over one hundred foot had few fish on the screen. Only one rainbow and a sixteen pound laker. Walleyes were taken closer to shore but the waves kept us out deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I went out of Sturgeon Point on Sat. . Lake was rocking pretty good..we fished from 6 am til 2. Marked a ton of fish from 50 to 30,,, 1 walleye, lost a few, 1 catfish and a ton on silver bass.. not much biting except the silvers were all 0ver our worm harnesses..should've ran cranks instead I'm thinkin'...next time.