cayuga fleas

I fished t-falls to rocky dock last night. I run 20lb flea flicker and had no problems at all. Did see a trace on the wire divers, but they take care of them selves. Sounds like it's worse farther north.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We've been fishing Cayuga in the Wells College to Long Point area. I have 20 lb flea flicker on the down riggers so they were ok. However I took somebodies advice and put 65 braid on my Dipsy reels and they're a mess when they come up big around as my finger. The heck of it is, we're catching Lakers on them, so they aren't taking a long time to get loaded up with fleas.

Anyone ever tried 30 lb flea flicker on Dipsys?

We've been fishing Cayuga in the Wells College to Long Point area. I have 20 lb flea flicker on the down riggers so they were ok. However I took somebodies advice and put 65 braid on my Dipsy reels and they're a mess when they come up big around as my finger. The heck of it is, we're catching Lakers on them, so they aren't taking a long time to get loaded up with fleas.

Anyone ever tried 30 lb flea flicker on Dipsys?

Mono and dipsy's don't mix  :( . To much stretch so anything past 50' out you will start to have trouble triping the dipsy. At the depths we are fishing now the dipsy won't trip. :shake:

That's what I thought. I'm running them back 200'. We've been catching nice Lakers on them but it's tough to get the fish to the boat with so many fleas on the line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Copper wire or monel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Seven strand wire 30 or 20lb if you don't have much experience with wire get the 30 pound. The twenty is less forgiving but it runs deeper and will hold up to kings or what ever you hook with it.

we fished for 45 mins (had ladies on the boat and it was a drinking swimming day)

hit 2 lakers and 1 brown all on spoons down 40 and 55 in 70 fow.. just used 2 rigger rods to make life easy

no fleas on flea flicker 

Edited by bandrus1