In the market for a new to me boat.

I am looking for a new to me boat around 25' W/A or similar. I would like an I/O with out the dog house. A cuddy that sleeps two comfortable maybe with a sink and stove. Fresh water boat would be nice. With a GOOD trailer.  Something 2000 or newer. Baha Cruiser, Pro-line, Trophy Would look at them all not pejudice. 

I cannot think of one 25 footer that is an I/O with no motor box. It would have to be a very high sided boat. You will likely end up looking at outboards or outboards on a bracket. Bumping to 27 ft, the older Sea Ray Amberjacks did not have a doghouse, but they are also not W/A.

I searched and searched for the same boat, but I knew they would all have the "doghouse." That layout is hard to come by but there are a few out there. I just bought a Proline, tried to look at a Pursuit and had the one listed below as my third option. A bit out of your age range, but no too far:

http://watertown.craigslist.org/boa/5113393267.html

Penn Yan 26 Pro Hunters don't have a doghouse (except models with twin I/Os) . 2001 was the last year they made that model so a 2000 or newer would be very difficult to find. There are few boats in the size range you are looking to buy without a motor box unless you want to go outboard. Good luck in your search.

Edited by MikeyP

If it is the inconvenience of the doghouse that bothers you,you might want to abandon the I/O and look into simular sized boats with 4 stroke outboards. Outboards will never have a cracked or frozen block to worry about.

True that rolmops. I am just comfortable with I/O because i have and can do the maintenance myself. I should be more open to change. I would consider an outboard on the right platform, I have a 2005 Trophy 1952 now and I do like the boat just to small. When I say doghouse I think of that big box sitting in the middle of the deck. On my Trophy its incorporated  with two storage compartments and a bench seat I don't mind that style..

A friend of mine just told me --he is selling his fishing boat and trailer. I will find out real details if you are still interested. It has a single 305 Mercruiser i/o --I want to say it is 23 ft. with a doghouse--new canvas, -wide for is't length. I left a message with him to call me back. Rich

A friend of mine just told me --he is selling his fishing boat and trailer. I will find out real details if you are still interested. It has a single 305 Mercruiser i/o --I want to say it is 23 ft. with a doghouse--new canvas, -wide for is't length. I left a message with him to call me back. Rich

Let me know. thank you!

It is older than you were looking for--1989 24' Chaparral,-8' wide,-Mercruiser 350 (not 305),-new cockpit and slant back canvas,-HDX7 chartplotter,-Lowrance fishfinder,- triple fully adjustable rod holders on each side, dog house, nice trailer and more. He lives in Greece Ny. The trailer is worth 3 grand,- Bryce Marine went crazy on the boat--2 winters ago. Let me know if you want to see it. He is a dinosaur--pics ??? Rich. 585-388-1100

I have a 1996 Pro-Line 2950 with twin 5.7 I/O that I would part with. It has been a freshwater boat it's whole life. Originally on Lake Michigan. Currently on Lake Erie. It is completely rigged for salmon fishing. 5 cannon downriggers. 8 adjustable rod holders. 2015 lowrance hds 12 gen 3 and 4 g radar. Fish hawk xd blue tooth. It raised a bunch of salmon this spring out of Wilson NY. Finished with a top 5 average in the open division. Let me know if your interested. post-150435-14395739336189_thumb.jpgpost-150435-1439573959665_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Also sitting on a load rite trailer. It's not the prettiest thing but has safely made the journey from northern Michigan to wv in the dead of winter and then to lake o in the spring and to Lake Erie for the summer. And I won't hesitate to drag it back to wv in the fall. It's not fun to trailer but definitely doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United