Fish Hawk triducer placement

Bill55

First time question posted here. Bought a fish hawk X4D and its still not on my boat (all 800$ worth!) My question is exactly how critical is the triducer placement? The instructions made me really gunshy about drilling more holes in the old girls transom and then it wont work properly. My kicker is on starboard and finder transducer is on port...there is room between big motor and transducer...will it interfere? Any comments/suggestions appreciated

I have mine on the oposite side of my hull from my fish finder transducer. It sits on the same side as my kicker motor. And so far the only issue I have had is when the batteries were dying and the probe would intermittently stop reading. They say 100 hours of battery life I would say it was really close to that I calculated 115 hours

There shouldn't be much of an interference problem with other transducers  because it operates at 70 khz and that frequency was selected on purpose to avoid just that. Most modern depth finders are either 50, 83/200 or combinations of higher frequencies (DI or SI units)

Mine is ten inches from my transducer on the transom. I run two Garmin units, one o. The transom and one thru-hull and I have zero interference. I have run my ball as far as 130 foot with no issues.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a HB 1199 and a 4xD on same side only about 8" apart. I do get some interference ? And only run a 10lb ball so sometimes I don't get a reading down 100" with blow back and current. Was thinking of moving fishhawk ducer to corner of boat ... Any thoughts on that working

Steve

No problems with interference even when I'm running all three transducers together : structure scan, 83/200hz sonar, Fish Hawk

post-140506-0-61319300-1438694666_thumb.jpg

Also have an Airmar 50/200hz B60 thru hull mounted about 3' ahead of these and only get a little interference on the graphs if I try to run both sonars together at 200hz, still doesn't bother the Fish Hawk 

Okay, its because you're getting too much blowback. It's not able to shoot your signal up would be my guess. Try a twelve or thirteen lb ball.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app