Meat riggs

If im running just a meat head with no Twinkies then i run a 6ft leader from paddle to meat. If im running meat rig with Twinkies then i run a 4 to 5 ft leader from paddle to meat.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

W.W.IV, Same with me. Trolling the lakes for over 20 years and never tried meat until this year. I have only taken two smaller kings on it so far. Back up in 3 weeks to fish the LOC for a week. My question is, is it better to run with or with out twinkles?? So far I have only taken the 2 kings on clean rigs.

W.W.IV, Same with me. Trolling the lakes for over 20 years and never tried meat until this year. I have only taken two smaller kings on it so far. Back up in 3 weeks to fish the LOC for a week. My question is, is it better to run with or with out twinkles?? So far I have only taken the 2 kings on clean rigs.

Run one clean and one with twinkies and see what they want, I think its a day to day thing. :)

I rarely use a twinkie rig and prefer to run just a paddle and a meat head,

Generally 4-6 feet from the paddle.

Some days they like it shorter some longer never hurts to try different things.

I wont leave the dock without some sort of meat in the boat be it whole or strip herring, strip ballyhoo or milkfish or whole anchovie.

Run one clean and one with twinkies and see what they want, I think its a day to day thing. :)

i agree! We run a lot of meat especially during tournaments and it is definitely a day to day thing if they want twinkies or not. That said i almost always have a echip paddle with 6 ft leader to plain meat head on corner rigger down deep in the ice water.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On another note....I was at Cabelas  yesterday and bought two spray bottles of Herring scent. I wonder how this will work sprayed on a flasher fly rigg?? I sprayed a little to test it  and man does it smell fishy. Twice as strong as smelly Jelly.