Clayton NY

I am curious as to where I can catch pike from shore in Clayton NY... Ive heard about French Creek... Just wondering...Im staying in the fairwinds cabin and I will try from shore here but im wondering where else

The fishing is pretty good right in downtown Clayton. You can sit on a bench and fish in 20fow. Keewayden park is good too. You can't fish in the marina but there is a lot of river front.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I ended up taking my dads advice from when he was younger and trying back in French Creek MArina and it was good... I only landed a 24 inch pike on a small pink and black cleo but I also threw a size 5 mepps with the dare devil colors and no bucktail and had a few huge hits... One of the hits bent the lure 90 degrees... It was the craziest hit ive ever seen... Ive never had a lure bend like that from a fish

The final verdict... Ended up with 5 in about 3 hours of fishing back in French creek marina... The largest was about 28 inches... It was interesting because the docks were so high I couldn't net so I had to trust my line to get it up! The action was on a size 5 Mepps with a gold blade and brown bucktail