Out of the little salmon,8/2

I am already committed to getting the newest fish hawk for 2016 whatever that may be. Right now it is the X4 which includes depth and bluetooth correct?

I am already committed to getting the newest fish hawk for 2016 whatever that may be. Right now it is the X4 which includes depth and bluetooth correct?

The new X4D has depth and bluetooth plus surface speed which is also new to the X4D model for this year. The X4 model doesn't have depth or bluetooth.

Edited by MikeyP

Everything Chinook said is accurate. However i believe that the easiest way to solve the problem is,with the fish hawk x4d. It utilizes a pressure sensor to determine depth. Therefore distance from the transducer is not a factor. It gives the true and accurate depth where the weight is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

correct me if I am wrong but if the cone angle on an 83khz transducer is only 35 degrees than at 100 feet the most you could be off is 5 feet in depth. if you have more blow back than that then you wouldn't even see the cannon balls because they would be out of sight of the transducer. that is if the transducer is truly level with the water line? I am not taking into account an arc in the downrigger cable which does occur. and this isn't based on cable let out on the line counter because I know that is never accurate depending on an assortment of variables.

I belive the cone angle on an 83 kzh ducer is 60 Degrees . And if my information is valid (been looking at Lowrance CHIRP 7 ) an 83 kzh ducer covers an area roughly equivalent to water depth ie : 50 fow = 50 ft diameter circle at the bottom . Again your sonar is a DISTANCE finder . It will return an echo from an object X number of feet from the transducer . if the bottom is 100 ft away from the ducer  the ping is returned and your unit shows bottom at 100 ft . You let out 100 ft of rigger cable with your ball attached , the sonar ping is returned from an object 100 ft from the ducer . Is it at 100 foot depth ? Absoluetly not , unless you are drifting with little wind and your cable is straight down . With a 30 degree cable blowback ( not unrealistic at 2.5 mph , an 11 " flasher and meat rig, perhaps your down temp probe , and loading the rod ) you are going to be fishing well above 100ft . But your distance finder is going to show that you are fishing at 100 ft . And CopperJon , you are absoluetly right about the x4D  That is why I went for and still have the Speed n temp  shows actual fishing depth  no guess work 

Yes. Your boat is traveling over the fish ( hopefully). That is why they appear as arches. As they come into ur ducer cone the sonar sees them as farther away as you move directly over the fish ( the top of the arch is the real depth of the fish ) the arch starts back down as you move away. They are separate entities as is the bottom of the lake. Ur rigger balls are traveling along with u and are returning a constant signal from a set distance

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I could literally watch the fish come up off the bottom to the rigger ball follow it for awhile then head back down. That was crazy cool