Cayuga 7-31-15 and 8-2-15

Cayuga, Ontario 7-31-15

Well the plan was to go to Ontario Friday morning but looking at wind we decide for plan B and that was Deans cove... We ran to a spot that has been producing good numbers of Lakers and decent off fish and set up shop pulling cores riggers wires and coppers... We had my friend Matt's sister with us who hasn't fished in years and even told us that she wasn't sure why she agreed to go because as a kid she hated trolling lol... Well we changed her mind quickly getting many lakers to the net on the 263'wires and 55' rigger... Then we had the sun come up and a slight ripple on the water and the rainbows and salmon decided to play, boated many landlocks and few bows and lakers til 10 and look at my weather report and get a few texts from a captain up on Ontario and we decide to pull rods and make the jump to the big pond... Well after a flat tire on boat trailer and 20 minute fix we arrive in Fairhaven and out the shoot we go.. Before arriving was sent some good info so ran to those numbers and set up... And after figuring out the current and that the kings were real deep we had hook up after hook up but dropped 3 then had 2 straighten trebles out and lost 1 to the kicker prop but oh well it was a blast just getting to fight a few....

Cayuga 8-2-15

Launched out of Deans again with my boat and my Friend Josh and his sister and father aboard. . We ran right back to the spot that i had fished Friday running the same program and well the lakers were still there but not as many silvers but did manage to boat over 20 fish so another great day overall.. The water color is like bright turquoise right now and is absolutely beautiful. .. Weeds and fleas are there but manageable , both days 55' spoon rigger pulling Flt Iron Duke and chicken feed spoon and 263' wire dipsy's pulling Spinny and A-tom-mik flys were on fire..

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-14386106408202_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14386106751708_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14386106966038_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14386107165307_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14386107424104_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14386107622368_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14386107871629_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14386108149697_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14386108297599_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14386108436459_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14386108661125_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14386108770318_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iron Duke

Nice going Mike and good report.  My cousin is up here from Nashville and I'm still figuring out where to take him fishing sometime this week....Cayuga looks pretty good from what you've been doing there Seneca is sounding pretty weedy right now and Lake O is always a big question mark  regarding the weather....ah the big decisions in life :lol:

Nice going Mike and good report. My cousin is up here from Nashville and I'm still figuring out where to take him fishing sometime this week....Cayuga looks pretty good from what you've been doing there Seneca is sounding pretty weedy right now and Lake O is always a big question mark regarding the weather....ah the big decisions in life :lol:

Nice report

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Wtg Mike, she didn't have a clue how good she had it, lol. Nice job!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice report Mike, thanks for the great pics. Sounds like a couple of real good days of fishing ðŸ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

WTG , Mike nice time had by all.

Thanks guys definitely was a few fun and eventful days... Fishing has been really good this past month both Seneca and Cayuga. .. I hate to say it but think I might just be a Seneca North ender now lol!! That was for you Les...

Mike

Nice job I am going miss Cayuga now we have the back to it home in Fair Haven looking the king bite. Good luck on the finger lakes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thank Aaron.. Cayuga has been a stellar fishery so far this year... I hear ya.. Will be on ontario myself quite a bit in this upcoming month of August.. Not sure if your fishing Fairhaven Challenge but if you are see you there.. Good luck

Mike

Mike

Cayuga was great boating 20 to 30 fish a morning it's like I never left. Yes I will be fishing the challenge with a charter it should be a great time. I have 13 charters to run during the loc so I will be on the water every day starting the 22nd . I will be on chanel 72 I think or 68 you call my cell phone if want any info.

Good luck see you on the water

Aaron

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

" I hate to say it but think I might just be a Seneca North ender now lol!! That was for you Les...

Mike

:lol:  You're always welcome on our "side" Mike :)