Cortland Flea Flicker is good BUT.......

Howdy folks.  I just wanted to relay the extremely poor customer service I had with Cortland this week.  One of my favorite rods which happened to be a Cortland broke.  I purchased it with a life time warranty.   When I called the company, yes right here in New York, "Lisa" told me to email her.  She didn't take much time with me on the phone.  Sooooo, I emailed her the information. Her response was great.....at first.  She was able to find a tip for my noodle rod.  She then explained that it would cost me $50 to have it shipped to me here in West Irondequiot, NY.  Yes, $50 and the rod was originally $70.  I couldn't believe it so I called (God forbid I actually want to talk to a person instead of typing) and she transfers me to talk to "Chris".  This guy gets on the phone after a long pause (obviously those two are filling each other in to prepare for me) and tells me that it's actually $20.   What?  Are you kidding me?  I wish they could make up their minds!

They went on and on about how other companies do this and that.......they flat out denied my request for a rod tip.  They would NOT honor the life time warranty.  They avoided the question of  "What does a life time warranty mean then?".   

I hate to gripe, but I am really bummed about what happened to me and I don't want it to happen to any of you out there.   Beware of Cortland!  I heard that Blood Run flee line is better anyway!!!!!!!

Larry

Larry that sucks not sure how these companies get around lifetime warranties. I tried the flea flicker a few years ago and was not a fan of it. I have been using 40lb big game and not one flea on that... Dale

Larry, I got a tip for you. I'll bring it to you for free but I'm charging you $35.00 to put it on. :rock: I've got another tip for you, when tying on a dipsy, tie the line coming from the rod to the part of the dipsy that snaps in.

flea flicker...... line twist. Really Bad ine twist. Big Game or Sea Flea

For what its worth.  All lines can twist if your not using quality swivels and at times multiple swivels or even bead chains when the lures or flashers call for it.  Flea flicker is more noticeable because it has an oval shap so you can litterally see twist when it occurs.

I use 30# flea flicker....no problem at all.  Also, When I do have an issue (such as twist caused by a tangle or lure that twists more than the swivel can handle)....with ANY line, you can untwist by cutting the lure and any swivels off and dragging behind the boat while trolling or at a little speed.  straightens it right out and works like a charm.   I cringe and laugh when I hear people toss line because of twist so i thought I'd share that tip if it is helpful to anyone.

Edited by ktdishinger

For what its worth. All lines can twist if your not using quality swivels and at times multiple swivels or even bead chains when the lures or flashers call for it. Flea flicker is more noticeable because it has an oval shap so you can litterally see twist when it occurs.

I use 30# flea flicker....no problem at all. Also, When I do have an issue (such as twist caused by a tangle or lure that twists more than the swivel can handle)....with ANY line, you can untwist by cutting the lure and any swivels off and dragging behind the boat while trolling or at a little speed. straightens it right out and works like a charm. I cringe and laugh when I hear people toss line because of twist so i thought I'd share that tip if it is helpful to anyone.

Yup, been using 20# ff for years and never had a problem. If theirs a problem, its you, not the line.

silverfoxcharters.net

It would occur between the tip of the rod to the release on the rigger. Where there's no swivel. Wouldn't happen everytime and sometimes would get into the spool and cause a bit of a mess. I still always ran 30 but just never was a fan of the stuff. Everyone has their preference I guess.

Edited by Rippin'Line

Wait, does this mean I can't trust you to rig dipseys?

Pat, it's not how he is rigging so much as what he is rigging. I turned around at the wheel last weekend and he's tying on an old alarm clock with a milk bone behind it. Funny part was he got 2 chickens and a dogfish on that rig.

Pat, it's not how he is rigging so much as what he is rigging. I turned around at the wheel last weekend and he's tying on an old alarm clock with a milk bone behind it. Funny part was he got 2 chickens and a dogfish on that rig.

Any size to them? On a slow day I would take that. :P