Seneca 8/1 and 8/2

Many thanks to those of you post here, I enjoy reading everyone's reports and it has taught me a lot about how to get started trolling for trout and salmon.  For just getting started this year it seems I'm finally getting into some fish. Earlier this spring and summer we've managed to pick up a fish here and there, but never consistently. Here's what we did this past weekend:

Water fished: North end of the lake, both east and west shores. 90-130 fow

Speed: Roughly 1.8 - 2.2 SOG

Time: 6:30am to 11:30 am both mornings.  - Most fish came later in the morning.

Rod 1: #1 Dipsy set at 3 on 30 lb braid, 200 ft out, e-chip flasher and fly.  Switched to spin doctor and spin n glo which took one good laker lost near the boat to a broken leader when he thrashed on the surface.

Rod 2: Rigger 90 ft baby cowbell and spin n glow 6 small lakers boated.

Rod 3: Rigger and spoon fished from 50 - 90 ft. One nice 8 lb laker in picture below

Rod 4: 7 color leadcore and spoon went untouched.

post-155986-0-65069100-1438623028_thumb.png

Nice report. I fished north end. Not much luck . Solid hit first 10 minutes. I should have stuck to east side . Not much on screen on west side . I think I was a running lures a bit too deep. I used fishhawk td after the fact. Was to eager to fish and put lines in first. Laziness never pays off!

I was very pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of the cowbell w/ spin n glo rig.  I had just picked it up a few days before and my first time fishing with it.  That was one major change made. In addition we fished more oriented to the bottom for lakers and went to a lighter leader (10# flouro).