Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

had a plan to fish sat and the weather had other ideas so pushed it a day and spent the time redoing leaders and adding 30lb due to the recent flea reports.  I took note of all the reports that said there was a hot meat bite and had my brother pick up a package of strips on the way.  well let the wife sleep in and got to the launch around 10:30.  Headed west and set up in 150 on a NW troll. Things started right off had a hit on the 72ft rigger pulling a big weenie meat rig before i had 4 rods set nothing home got the riggers and dipsey set and before I could get the boards out the wire back 300 pulling meat took a big rip that came off after a minuet.  things kept going from there.  the peak was a double on the riggers with a 10lb king and a decent steely.  As a good sign of as we were picking up the other rigger pulling a white nuke spin dr and purple mirage fly back 240 took a nice shot my first screamer of the year.  landed that it was another high teens king.

Ended the day 6 for 12 with 3 high teens kings two 7-10lb kings and the one steelhead.  the trout took a frog down 75 and the one king on the dipsey other that that every hit was on the rigger or dipsey pulling herring strips.  I have to call that a successful experiment and guess i need to get more bait heads (I own 3)  fish came from 180fow to 350fow no fleas on the rigger rods but a decent number on the dipseys even caused one of our lost fish (another teenage king)  thanks to all who post reports the info is invauleablepost-144635-0-37788500-1438654363_thumb.jpgpost-144635-0-87197400-1438654407_thumb.jpg

the daisy rig works well with the strips,also i fished with a pro he uses two toothpicks one for the strip and another to postion the hook ,seems to work well ,very productive with a herring dodger

Nice going ifishy. Good example of why it pays to experiment with different stuff than we may be used to :)

Nice job. Did you run the meat rigs behind 11in paddles or 8 in. Paddles and spin docs. How long of leaders did you run behind said flashers?

Nice ride you have there! Good to see the ol' gal catching fish. Nice report on a successful outing. Dialing in meat is an art form.

I always enjoyed the rigging so using a bait that you have to tune feels very natural.  for starting out though I am using premade rigs right out of the package.  the rigger was a big weenie rig i won as a door prize at the lotsa marketplace the dispsey is one of the DW pre made ones I ran that behind a blue dolphin spin doc 8 inch  i'll be expanding the selection over the rest of this year.

Ronnie D the boat is running very well for me i'm loving being able to get out on the big lake again its been almost 20 years since the last full lake o season for me