Down Rigger spread Help

Erbyjoe

Guest ReelDiel
Can I come too? Would like to see some new trick's.

yeah me too..how many guys can you fit in that new rig!!!!! :lol:

just remember tricks are for kids or really hard up guys!!! :P

Stix, I put a post over a month ago that drew little response, about the members of this board and a derby for such. It could consist of an entry fee to be decided, that would in turn go to a determined site or sites for the penrearing projects. If entry fee was at $20.00, which would be open for discussion of course, with most if not all proceeds going back into the fishery. As far as bragging rights, the derby would run from the dates of the summer( May -July inclusive) L.O.C- ESLO for the largest king that was taken. Weights could be confirmed thru the certified scales, thus those who partake should have a handle on what it would take to challenge for the lead. Any other ideas?

ReelDiel, thanks . I'm glad someone else thought it may be worthwhile. I felt if there was enough interest, that we the members of this board may provide enough funds to supply 1 pen, be it at the Genny, Hamlin or where ever. At $20.00 per boat, that would be roughly 75 needed. Also, not being locked into 1 day, would allow hopefully for the small boaters to take place as well. Lastly, being for the duration of the summer L.O.C. would give a lake wide chance, at different ports thru out the lake itself, and just not to those whose port is lighting it up at one particular time. Anyways, thought I'd throw this out, but for all the more responses thus far, maybe others feel it wouldn't be worth it.

Chinook I was thinking more like a one day get together thing.Take out some members that dont have boats.Bring your own crew whatever. But are interested in big lake fishing. Im not a charter guy . Ive never been to port bay[.Habinero haven] I hear good things about it. I hear its not to crowded.Maybe no ones interested.

We could also do a derby for biggest fish during the summer derby.That is a great idea.Put it together and count me in.

Traveling man,You are right about the 130 to 150 of cable out.I have a cannon SNT probe with the depth gage and yes we were running over 100 feet down.Thanks for the reply maybe I should have been deeper but I was fishing the temp break so I thought I was where I should have been.I still have some learning to do.Thanks again for your reply.