See this?

fishon

NYS does it again. So we are back to an Oct. 15th start unless you want to hunt does. Glad I can go to 8R (always in the top of 5 in deer per mile taken) to hunt on weekends. Does that make sense?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

NYS is finally been declared the worst state to live in!!! This is far beyond a restriction program! I want my money back for the three life time licenses I have baught from this despicable state!!

It's only the die hards that put there hard time in from day one till the last day of season like my self that are catching this wrath! No Gane will be had only a loss! Complete morans!

Edited by JakeyBaby

So much for us guys who want to feed the family. I will shot does anytime if one comes by. But telling someone that they can only only shot does for two weeks just to appease the horn hunters is just nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Does only in those windows. This does not " apease" horn hunters at all! I let more " horns" walk in a season then most meat hunters do in 10 years of hunting. Not pounding my chest on what " I " do in the deer woods at all, but that statement totally contradicts what the state has out in place.

Im confused... Im in Monroe county... Am I only allowed to hunt does during those small windows and not hunt outside of those windows?????

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You are in the overall southern zone, so you can fill your doe tags anytime during legal hunting periods. They are trying to help some of the bucks make it to next year. Aka, sitting a alfalfa field in early October is much easier to pattern the bucks, come October 15 they have a bit better chance of survival.

Again NY telling us how to manage our own land and deer. Also at the same time making us pay stupid high land taxes...

People thinking is crazy. I like to fill the freezer. I also like to hunt big bucks. But between family & work my days are limited to begin with. I hate to be in the stand between oct1 Oct 15 and have that big one walk by. Here is a thought taking that big doe out Oct 1. Now u have 2 fawns wander around without mom and most guys in woods trying to fill anything with out horns. What do u think going to happen to them. Bye bye ur 2/button bucks that had the genes to be great. If reducing the herd is what Dec wants. Give incentives to the land owners to open some property. And u will see more doe tag filled. There great racks in this area already. Amaze me that so many guys I talk to tell me how we should do antler res. But then they show me a spike or 4/point they shot last year.

Here's my thought, the majority of people will now skip the first two weeks of bow and the last week of muzzleloader. The doe harvest numbers will mimic last years and we'll be in the same boat. Now I am by no means a trophy hunter, but I'm not going blow a good set to shoot a doe when on oct 16th I can shoot a doe if I so choose.

What I think would of been a better idea if they needed to make their change was maybe a week of doe only say October 15-21 during the so called lull period.

Bottom line everyone I've talked to was not happy with the change

I also wonder how many bucks will be shot in the first two weeks and tagged as if they were shot else where

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by iceman05

wow, what bs. the close dates are wen i have harvested some of my nicest bucks. wen are they gona leave us alone an let us hunt, enough already. ther are plenty of trophy bucks in new york, u jst have to be smarter an have more drive than most to connect. once again our society says everyone gets a trophy. why should we follow their laws anymore? jst cause some state worker says so, why not the 13th instead of th15 th. well because i said so. ( said mr dec) well actualy they have jst become pupets for albany. thanks again for makin me alter my plans for the season!!

Edited by bettieanne

Here's my thought, the majority of people will now skip the first two weeks of bow and the last week of muzzleloader. The doe harvest numbers will mimic last years and we'll be in the same boat. Now I am by no means a trophy hunter, but I'm not going blow a good set to shoot a doe when on oct 16th I can shoot a doe if I so choose.

What I think would of been a better idea if they needed to make their change was maybe a week of doe only say October 15-21 during the so called lull period.

Bottom line everyone I've talked to was not happy with the change

I also wonder how many bucks will be shot in the first two weeks and tagged as if they were shot else where

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Exactly! ...or do doe weekend or two...i see me skipping those doe windows like you said.

I'll skip those doe windows. Not gonna buy muzzy stamp either. I'll hunt with choice of firearm and choice of deer S EX during regular season. In 8A.

Edited by skipper19

My son who usually hunts the early season and takes a doe with his bow now told me if he has to let a nice buck walk than he wont hunt early bow or Muzz season anymore. He has been passing 1.5 year old bucks for 2 years now waiting for a nice buck and I know he wont shoot a doe during the rut so the dec just lost a couple of filled doe tags! Good Job NYS! 

I live in 8c and hunt it primarily as well as 8A. As recently as two years ago when you harvested a doe with a 8C DMP, if you brought the head to the DEC in Avon, they replaced your tag with an EITHER fun loving tag. 8c is loaded with deer but now they are concerned with numbers???? 8c is bow only and it's ridiculous that the restrictions apply to the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United