See this?

fishon

NYS is finally been declared the worst state to live in!!! This is far beyond a restriction program! I want my money back for the three life time licenses I have baught from this despicable state!!

If you hate it that much you can always move. The good thing is you can still use your lifetime license

If they want us to shoot does early then at least let us earn the use of the buck tag before Oct 15th. All of this was done with a less than 25% return rate on surveys mailed to a select 8000 hunters. Again it just doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you hate it that much you can always move. The good thing is you can still use your lifetime license

That's the problem I have, I don't want to move. I love the area I live in and could never leave lake Ontario as long as there are silver fish In it! It's the bull $h!t laws and taxes that make it so difficult for US to live here.

That's the problem I have, I don't want to move. I love the area I live in and could never leave lake Ontario as long as there are silver fish In it! It's the bull $h!t laws and taxes that make it so difficult for US to live here.

X2 on this! Its the Albany & New York city people that screw up the rest of the state! From Albany to the south & east should be it's own state & leave the rest of us alone!

This reg was tabled some time ago and I heard about it, but I didn't think it would be pushed through so quickly. I still don't get it.

Tags issued and antler restrictions affect harvest more so than limiting time in the field.

I wonder how many more year and a half bucks are killed opening day of gun compared to the first few weeks of bow.

If visits to my processor are any indication the early bow season is slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Pretty sure 8c dmp's are still renewed upon harvest confirmation at Avon. If so I'm going to help out a lot of friends in the first two weeks.

Here's my thought, the majority of people will now skip the first two weeks of bow and the last week of muzzleloader. The doe harvest numbers will mimic last years and we'll be in the same boat. Now I am by no means a trophy hunter, but I'm not going blow a good set to shoot a doe when on oct 16th I can shoot a doe if I so choose.

What I think would of been a better idea if they needed to make their change was maybe a week of doe only say October 15-21 during the so called lull period.

Bottom line everyone I've talked to was not happy with the change

I also wonder how many bucks will be shot in the first two weeks and tagged as if they were shot else where

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Exactly my opinion also! I guess I won't buy that muzzy and less people in the woods means nothing will get killed, even does.

silverfoxcharters.net

Maybe I'm an idiot but where can I find the list of these new regs on the page? If they had closed buck hunting the 1st-15th of November we'd have some serious issues but I find that the first few weeks of bow I'm looking for a doe or two anyhow.

I don't understand the rationale.  A dead buck is a dead buck and your tag is punched. It does not matter if the buck is killed October 1 or November 1.  You manage the herd with the number of tags given out not the date the deer is shot.

I see the graph that shows it now. Luckily if the big one shows up on the property I mainly hunt in that time frame I'm about 4 miles to the good to shoot him.

Gill-T I think it lets more bucks get smarter as the season goes on and gives them a better chance also after last season NY said they wanted to focus more on killing does which this clearly does.

From what I understand this change is from the hunter input, but I'm not sure if it's from the 7000 person survey that was sent out or meeting input.

If they really want to reduce numbers they need to do the earn a buck, where you get a tag for either fun loving and if you shoot a doe you get another tag but as soon as you shoot a buck you don't get any more tags.

You want more and better bucks every year,one buck a year ,shorten gun season and start it after the rut ,just like ohio and you will have better quality deer in no time for everyone!i . The dec has no fn clue what their doing on game pop and seasons in this state

Agreed! And don't forget the greed part. If we want to continue to shoot yearling bucksss " that's shooting more than one in a year" which everyone does we'll never get past first base.

I look at it this way if you don't want to shoot a doe the first week or two you don't have you can be out there enjoying the out doors before they take it all away from us

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

At least we can all save $$$$ on trail camera batteries...no point to check them for an early season pattern. Hopefully this guy grows a little more and doesn't get arrowed before the 15th.post-140970-14389208355672_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What's the big deal? I remember a few years ago we didn't stat bow hunting until the 15th or so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes the season did open then BUT you were able to shoot a buck that very day! Not to mention it is a ton of work to shoot, drag, gut, hang, skin, and quarter a deer in 70 + degrees with ticks jumping all over you. That'd why "I" usually tend to wait to shoot doe's. My biggest problem is not the beginning of season debacle it's more towards the Muzzle Loader season! To tell me I can't shoot a buck if I choose during that period is complete bull! I baught me life license for all three seasons years ago, and now they say I can't harvest a buck with that license is a joke!

no bucks during late muzzleloader season is absolute bullsh$t!  i hunt a lot of farm country and have seen some of the biggest deer when the temps get cold and the snow covers the mast crops.  Winter wheat fields come alive with deer when this happens!  no more muzzleloader season for me!!!!!!!!

Bow hunters will understand this....How many hunters have seen the biggest buck of a lifetime at 50+ yards during bow season. Only to watch him walk away for another day because he was just a little to far away, had it been GUN season i'd have A LOT of giants on my wall. NYS  needs to have more restrictions on ANTLERS, this is a half ass step in the right direction. They need to let the hunters make the laws and not the idiots in Albany. Muzzeloader season is a shame to lose because i know of several hunters who have taken the biggest bucks of a lifetime in those last few days...but anything to help save some little bucks is worth it. Last year i sat at hunting camp and saw on facebook all these hunters holding up tiny little 2-1/2 to 3-1/2" 8 points, acting like they made some giant kill, When i passed up several 3-1/2" yr old bucks last year because of the TRUE bruisers i was actually hunting. If all the hunters in NYS passed up the standard 8 points and let the bucks grow we could have a state like OHIO/ILLINOIS....etc. But people think a 120 class buck is a "Trophy of a lifetime" when it's a young buck with potential. I've talked with several true BIG BUCK hunters and they all tell me the same thing. Let a buck walk because next year he will be even bigger, And if you hunt and manage property in only a few short years you go from 4 and 6 points to 8 and 10 points with mass. But the biggest thing in hunting is this, Make sure you have fun and take a kid or new hunter hunting and fishing and teach them ethics and good management and maybe 10 years from now people will talk about BIG NYS bucks. Do i fully agree with the new laws...NO, But i hope it's a step in the right direction. Good luck this year to everyone

Blame me if you want....... BUT I only filled in the "comment" part of the hunter survey............

My only input was " Could the D.E.C. stock Lake Ontario with Canadian hatched Salmon ONLY...Not MORE of the inferior NY State/hatchery product" 

Not very upset over the 1st part because the season used to open on the 15th. I am very disappointed that they took my muzzle loader season away from me. They basically took 3 weeks of hunting away from all those that do not have a place to hunt south of the new regs. Will they refund all the lifetime tags purchased?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If anyone is interested, take a look at what Ohio has to offer and the season dates. Highlights: archery from Sept -Feb, 2 split dates for gun, a few days for muzzleloader with up to 6 deer depending on county, but you guessed it, only one buck per year. This is probable why they have one of the best managed herds.

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/hunting-trapping-and-shooting-sports/hunting-trapping-regulations/deer-hunting-regulations

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United