Chippewa Bay area question

I was there last spring and did OK. Had the best luck casting toward an exposed rock shoal with a really old duck blind on it. smallie central in there. Also did ok fishing a very small channel marked with little bouys. this was just past that shoal on the southern end I think. Trolled around that point and picked up a few LMB. No pike though, and this was in June. Things might be totally different there now. Everything was taken on spinners but during this time I'd probably throw weedless rigged worms with no weight shallow and bucktails with a 4-6" paddletail grub. I'd fish real slow too. I've had a terrible season this year out of Sackets but hopefully Chippewa produces for you.

I was there last spring and did OK. Had the best luck casting toward an exposed rock shoal with a really old duck blind on it. smallie central in there. Also did ok fishing a very small channel marked with little bouys. this was just past that shoal on the southern end I think. Trolled around that point and picked up a few LMB. No pike though, and this was in June. Things might be totally different there now. Everything was taken on spinners but during this time I'd probably throw weedless rigged worms with no weight shallow and bucktails with a 4-6" paddletail grub. I'd fish real slow too. I've had a terrible season this year out of Sackets but hopefully Chippewa produces for you.

I've only ever fished the creek by there where my buddies camp is. Not sure if it's connected to the bay but I assume? We always did pretty good through there with northern's casting larger spinner baits and medium size long a's along the weed lines. We would even hit a few in the scum with frog baits when targeting bass. 

Like most bays on the SLR this area is loaded with small to medium pike with an occasional big one. This time of year it's important to fish first and last light,especially on nice days. If i were there next week i would fish where i could cast from a drop off so i could fish shallow and still be able to cast to 15 to 20fow in the river. I'd have two rods set up;one with a big blade bait or spoon to cast toward shore and another with a diving crankbait or heavy rubber bait for the river side. Go get 'em.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United