SLR 8/15

Kevin J Legg

Got into them good tonight jigging. 4 for 5 and a drum in a hour and a half jigging 20 to 30 ft. I have to be at work early far away so I had to go home when it was red hot.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fished solo 3;00- 6:00 and went 8 for 9 on walleyes. Kept two 20" and a 25" and released five other keepers. Also caught 2 smallmouths. 5 walleyes came off a small spot in 55 fow. One on longline and the rest in 30-35 fow. Decided to post nice sunrise rather than more dead fish. Also saw a couple meteors.post-144887-14392106691945_thumb.jpg

Didn't get on the water till about 9:30 tonight. Current was really slow at that point. Think it was because the wind turned to the north after that front went through. Although it made controlling the boat pretty easy, I couldn't get a hit. Finally got a small keeper around 10:30. I then preceeded to lose the next 3 I had on. Checked my hooks on the favorite thunderstick and they were bent out just enough to be a problem. Did finish out my limit over the next hour. The fish I cleaned were just gorged with 2 inch gobies. The current also seemed to stabilize when I started hitting fish ( or vice versa).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I went early this morning (3:30) and the current was running hard. The bite was very slow I ended up catching 2 but they were deep 55' and 70'. Never had a bite in my normal depth water and I fished a lot of spots. New moon night bite doesn't seem to be hot like full moon.

Here's a picture

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great photo, and congrats to your eye fishing trip. Fishing any River is a challenge let alone coming up with a system that works. Congrats to your trip!!! PAP

Sounds like a great night Prof T. I went this morning and the bite was very slow for me. Caught three and kept two on bottom bouncers, none over 22". All I caught were in 50 fow or deeper and no hits on long lines. Perhaps they are feeding in the evening better than morning with he new moon. No weeds but current really picked up by 6:30. Guess I better try in evening or different areas. Been tough my last two outings. I did have a couple others just nip the lure and not hook up so I don't think they were really actively feeding. Nothing in their stomachs.

Edited by Kevin J Legg