Canadian boundry, Visa and canadian fishing licsense?

If you or anyone on your boat has been convicted of a felony, you are not allowed in Canadian waters. If you get checked any person(s) in violation of that rule could be taken from the boat and deported at the nearest border crossing. Also you are not allowed to have any alcohol or firearms aboard. One fishing line per angler. Be careful to abide by all rules. They have been known to confiscate boats on occasion for violations. Do not go into Canadian waters without reporting in. I'm not sure but there may also be new US rules (or soon to be) for returning to US waters.

I just looked at the regs. General regs is 1 rod. There is an exception of 2 rods for Lake Ontario and also for Lake Erie and Lake St. Clair (except not Detroit River or St. Clair River). It looks like all of Niagara River is also 2 rods but St Lawrence is only so far up. I didn't check other Great Lakes and I guess there could be other waters where 2 rods are allowed but you would have to check the regional regulations.

About being allowed in Canadian waters, I heard that if you have had a DWI, you are not allowed. I also heard that there is a way to become allowed again but it may cost some money.

About being allowed in Canadian waters, I heard that if you have had a DWI, you are not allowed. I also heard that there is a way to become allowed again but it may cost some money.

Correct I believe I was told by border patrol if you had a dwi in last ten years ( if i recall correctly ) you were not allowed ... even if it was a misdemeanor .. however if you wanted to fill out a form and send it in they would allow you over for a fee ...don't recall price

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by minion