Ruff Rider Live Report Sodus 2015 August 7-9

Headed up to the lake now.  Reports are of extremely warm water and scattered fish.  I'm hearing that temp is down 100+ft.  Folks are catching fish, but it hasn't been fast and furious.  The forecast for the weekend is of calm seas, but east winds, so we'll see how the fish bite.  I managed to hurt my left shoulder last weekend, but I'm hoping it's good enough to keep on fishing!  It will likely be a good weekend to fish offshore.  I'm thinking I'll start in 100fow and point her north until my lines start singing their lovely song :)

Was out last night. Went 2 for 4 on steelhead. 400 fow 85 to 110 down. Rigger bite. Dipsy out 250 was quiet. Seen alot of hooks and bait pods in 250 fow 100 down.. out of the genny.. be out tomorrow let me know how u make out. Happy Fishing

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nick we found the warm water break was around 185' deep last weekend.  Fish were in the 215'-230' range 100'-135' down.  With the moon the bite was after 10:00 am for us.

Well we ate at the Warehouse tonight, formerly Abes Waterfront. They have very good food, I especially like their bavarian pretzel appetizer, but the service, my god. We arrived at 7pm and waited 20 mins to be helped, 20 mins for drinks, 20 mins for apps, 40 mins for dinner. We ate our fish fry, which was delicious, and finally got out of there at 930. Their food is better than Jacks, but the service is consistently slow and aweful when they get busy. If you do go, try the pretzel!

Fished yesterday afternoon. 2-6:30 did one 17 lbs king on a 500 copper. Around 200 fow. Current was unbelievable! 44 degrees was 120 down.

I already warned Theresa she is going to have to reel in the 600ft copper with my bad shoulder lol

It was very rough this am, and fish are all at bottom. From 115' to 150' all fish were at 100- 110. Went 3 for 3 all lakers off riggers and then it turned ugly and I had to turn in. I was NE of Bear Creek where I had mark from yesterday. All kings yesterday and all at the same depth.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well the day started off windy and continues to have a stiff NE wind. A lot of boats headed out this morning...

20150808_062058.jpg

20150808_062108.jpg

Most came back after hitting the chute...

20150808_061852.jpg

20150808_061804.jpg

A bunch of us took a ride to Rochester to check out a couple of tackle stores. The first was Mitchells Bait and Tackle. It was a small shop that concentrated more on live bait, but they had some salmon gear as well. I was able to pick up a chinook diver while there to try out.

20150808_101317.jpg

Andy wasn't all that inpressed lol

20150808_101314.jpg

On the way back we hit up B&E tackle, which had a much better selection of salmon gear. I still wasn't able to find my coated downrigger cable, but I did get a clincher which I have begun using and really like.

20150808_104956.jpg

20150808_104959.jpg

I will have to get to Screwy Louies one of these days.

Absolutely great photos! I love tackle shops too. I worked at B E Tackle for quite a few years. Great shop. I kept a notebook of the amazing fishermen and crazy things that happened. It is a book in the making when I retire from teaching. I read your posts faithfully and look forward to learning. Keep up the great work. Larry

it was not a nice day to fish but, I payed to launch so i was going to make the best of it. got up to 5 footers the fish where biting, 5 for 8 2 nice kings 3 large lake carp fishing the 120 to 185 foot of water range. a couple B slaps on the spoons it was a FF bite today. wanted to go off shore but not worth the body and boat beating. I hope for tight lines and better sailing tomorrow. 

anybody know what the east wind did to the temp looking to get out there tomorrow but im fishing with a buddy and he don't have a probe. any info is greatly appreciated.

One boat I heard from said the East wind brought some colder water in, but temp was still deep ~90ft over 250fow. He also said the fish were scattered and he caught one fish all day. It might be pretty tough out there tomorrow and if the wind is blowing, go for breakfast :)