big time help required...

Hey guys, (and girls), The name is Ralph, ex British, now a citizen, lived in lower Alabama for 15 years then moved to Rochester where i went to High School, why? I hear you ask... well i have to admit that it was because of a woman,,, anyway i digress, I have the boat I have the down riggers, i have a tackle box full of lures and spoons, I have been out to multiple depths and have seen a number of fish on the finder, yet five full days of fishing down the road and have yet to boat one fish, needing advise, or suggestions, thanks very much guys

Welcome to the board Ralph. There are a lot of great fisherman here that will give you great advice and each will give you a piece of the puzzle. But you will hear this one piece of advice over and over, the absolute quickest way to get better fast is to do a charter with one of the charter guys near you. Explain you don't want the charter to go out and catch fish but to learn and they will be happy to explain the process to you and help you start boating fish yourself.

Besides that read the posts here, there are years of them to back to, ask questions, go to seminars and talk to the guys at the docks. Pay attention to details as small one can make the difference between crazy days or a skunk and constantly try things. Make one change at a time so when success occurs you know what to repeat.

Good luck and enjoy netting that first one.

Ralph welcome to LOU. Since you are pretty much starting from scratch you might want to consider going on a charter trip  especially in the Rochester area. You will save many many hours of trial and error and frustration by observing carefully (and maybe taking notes as well).  It will also save you a lot of mooney and aggravation by seeing the equipment at work and what you might want to get for yourself if not then in the near future. There are many great charter guys right here on LOU and that is where I'd start if you are serious about the sport

What port/harbor are you fishing out of Ralph? Fishing conditions can vary greatly depending on which part of the lake you are targeting. Let us know, and I'm sure there are a bunch of people on here wiling to share info, and help you get the first fish in the cooler.- Mick