Lake Erie (Barcelona) last week

Sluggo / NY

Spent last Mon. thru Fri. fishing out of Barcelona.. except for Monday and Tuesday afternoon which were too bumpy. Ended up with 35 walleye.. the biggest being a tad over 10#. Never really patterned them.. just a few here and there. Most actually came on the downriggers.. which is a first for us. All we used were sticks and spoons. Also picked up a 12# brown for the smoker. At least one more trip planned for the end of the month. Up in Cape Vincent on Mud Bay now, but got the wife along.. no fishing this weekend. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Chris-thanks for the info. Thats a MAJOR Brown! I will be up there Aug 31 thru Sep 3 to give it another shot. 35 eyes isn't a bad week. Were you fishing deep-or shallow like we had to do when we were up there 2 weeks ago?

Walteye

Walt.. Most of the fish came from shallow water.. 55 to 65 ft. The bigger fish were suspended or high in deeper (75to 90 ft.) water. Strange week.. shallow fish came on riggers. Deep fish came on dipsies or six color leadcore. Good Luck.. maybe we'll catch you out there. Suggo (Chris)

Chris,

Let me know when you're up this way and perhaps I can give you some information.

Thanks Kevin! Next trip up that way will be with a buddy and a boat.. no wives. I'll start pumping you for info before we head out. Thanks and Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Good job Chris.  Nice to see you found some bigger fish. That's weird that the riggers were working the best for you. We didn't do much at all on them when we were there.  How bad were the white bass? They can sure take the fun out of a trip in a hurry.

Good job Chris.  Nice to see you found some bigger fish. That's weird that the riggers were working the best for you. We didn't do much at all on them when we were there.  How bad were the white bass? They can sure take the fun out of a trip in a hurry.

Dennis.. we don't normally do much on the riggers, but I always put them down. Love catching without dipsies, boards or weights on the line. The white bass weren't nearly as bad as out previous trip.. maybe a dozen or so all week. The sheepshead made up for it though! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)