"interference" on Lowrance HDS8

times two

Looking for opinions/ideas....

Have an HDS-8 Lowrance on the new to me Pursuit.  Twin inboard.  Mounted transducer as a shoot thru.  In aft of boat, behind

props.

Everything ok at 1.9 MPH or less.  Above that get digital bottom readout, but screen is full of clutter.   So, it is either the "affect"

of prop bubbles, or something from the engines.

Lowrance told me to buy ferrite "chokes" at radio shack, and to put those in line.   No changes.

Thoughts?

John

Im not a professional on transducer install but, what transducer did you put on?   and you want to try to install as far from any disturbance as you can.  such as the  back of the boat as far from a rigger cable or  prop wash as possible.  or  if you are doing a thru hull type  you would mount that  ahead of your motors, such as in the floor under the cuddy part of the cabin that was it is getting undisturbed water to read from.     maybe have a front bilge area that is accessible?  

Go to your menu and adjust your settings to a lower sensitivity. Adjust your color to 78 per cent.this might help. Have your sensitivity set to show a little dirt on the screen to mark more fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the replies. Sensitivity is fine when running low speed. Its

clearly something interfering at the high rpm. I'm inclined to agree

that posted to move the transducer.

John

Myn I will have to change sensitivity to around 70% when running higher rpm. U will get a clear picture and still see bait. Then when I slow I put it back to 97-98%.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app