Seneca evening smash!

Well it's been a few weeks since I have been on Seneca but after 2 days spent on the big pond I figured it was time to return to the home lake so woke up loaded the boat up went and met some good friends had some lunch and was on the water In the middle of the day planned on fishing the evening out. Left the dock little before 3. It was one of the best trips I have seen yet this year south long point. The north end has been great to me but tried something different. Well found temp down 46 at first but by the end of the night had it up at 37 but still fish came from all over from 5color cores to 250 dipsys lots of fish And some big ones I'm excited to see Seneca fishing like it should be was worried for awhile but things are just a little late fish are not in the same areas as normal for this time of year but they are close by ;) finger lakes tackle spoons and a-Tom-Mik flys did what they do best tonight either way had a great time with good friends and good fishing post-147332-1439177559548_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14391775728689_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14391775852348_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice fish Joe. Maybe we should have stayed out longer (quit at 2:30PM) but I was too disgusted with the weeds out by Sampson and Dresden :lol:

Thanks guys and les I have heard really good things about that area up there an had some great trips myself this year up there!!! Was the fishing slow? And the weeds do get you down it's just a never ending battle continually cleaning I started the night with 9 rods in the water ended up only fishing with 5 just to maximize fishing clean lures

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had high expectations when we started out at 7:30 AM because we marked all kinds of bait pods on the west side and fish above (looked like rainbows or landlocks) as well as lakers near bottom below but they wouldn't do much no matter what we did (ran downriggers with sliders right through and above them, coppers and leadcores. Ended with three lakers up to about 4 or 5 lbs and lost a decent rainbow on the 225 copper about half way to the boat and that was it.  Every time I set up the 6 rods the weed pods cancelled them out usually just as I got them in. I used it as an opportunity nearly each time to change out lures and setups but that became ridiculous after awhile :lol:  We marked a heck of a lot of bait suspended at the 20 -60 ft range mainly over 80 ft. The fish we caught were also in 80 ft of water. Whenever we got into deeper water the bait and fish disappeared and we marked nothing whatsoever out deep. Very nice day to be on the pond however and glad I went there when I went by the Canandaigua launch on the way home and saw trailers parked all the way out to the main road (several hundred of them). :)

Edited by Sk8man