Aurora-Long Point 8-9

On Saturday I finished up work installing a fuse box and the wiring for the new Scottys.  Tested them out Sunday fishing from maybe 9:45-12:30. All equipment worked as intended, which had us pleasantly surprised, though the fish didn't fully co-operate.

Started just North of the college in Aurora and trolled south in 150-200 feet.  Ran a spin doctor and a flasher with flys on the two diver rods and a spin doctor and fly on one of the riggers.  Threw a spoon on the other rigger.  Ran the divers deeper at 200 and 220.  Had the riggers out 60 and 75.  Had a hit of the spoon but it didn't stick.  Weeds were a problem.  After close to an hour we picked up and moved south just past Long point.  No problems there with weeds and didn't notice fleas all day. We trolled south in 150 to 300 feet, played with the diver legnth out as much as 250, and moved the riggers around anywhere from 50-80.  Mixed up the spoon but stuck with the same green, blue, silver flashers waiting to see what took hits.  Overall it was slow.  Managed my first rainbow, which hit the blue spin doctor with a green fly on the rigger out 60 over 200 feet.  That put on a nice show at the boat.  Had two other strikes on the riggers but nobody was home.  Nothing on the divers all day.  (Other than a slight birdsnest curtesy of my brothers thumb that required taking the convector apart with 200 feet of wire out... thought for sure we'd double while I had that open.)

Did also test out the radio which seemed to operate well.  Had a brief conversation with someone down at Taughannock.  Maybe saw one other boat all day trolling Long Point.  Overall, we ran deep, 200-300 feet.  But it was mid day.  Next trip out we are going to have to get out earlier, or maybe in the evening, and find 90-150 fow.  Of course from what I have seen of the depths off long point, I expect 100 fow is maybe 10 feet from shore?

Edited by slouiscar