Olcott weekend report

Saturday- We set up in 200fow and hit one steelie after a couple hrs.

So then we headed for deep water we then set up in 400 fow and trolled North we ended up with 2 kings and another steelie. 300 and 400 coppers.

Sunday- We ran straight out to 400fow early in the morning. We ended up with 5 fish 3 kings and 2 steelies. 2 kings were at 20lbs and 1 was 30lbs on the dot (that was a fight). We caught them all on 300 and 400 coppers with a S/D and a green crinkle fly.

Monday- We only fished for a couple hrs since we had a long drive ahead of us and ended up with 3 kings. 2 were around 20lbs. Same set up as the day before!

Overall a great trip, hope to get up again soon!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice fish, we were up Sat (Olcott) and only 1 small king and 1 nice steelhead in 400fow out from power plant. Those east winds made it rough and tough.

I'm not real familiar with copper. Maybe I should post in questions area...but...

How do you run your copper? One 300 and one 400 on each side off planer boards? What release do you use or how to attach to planer line (since the flashers would have some drag). I imagine you're attaching the backing (dacron?) to the release? Any copper help/advice greatly appreciated.

---We ran 1 copper straight out the back and when the crazy underwater currents caused a major mess with our dipsys we put it away.