Cayuga 8/5 Nice landlocked

I'd like to say thanks to everyone for sharing pics and tips over the years. I feel blessed to live here in the finger lakes with all of the great fishing opportunities  we have.. Makes me feel bad for the rest.  At any rate I  don't usually post anything  as I rarely have anything post-worthy. A friend took me out on  Cayuga (first time I'd ever fished it)  last week I got lucky and landed this land locked  that I felt was  worth a mention.  It  that taped out at 27.5 in and tipped the scales at 7.5 lbs.  I'd love to report the temp, speed, depth, etc,  but I can't because  this fished latched on to a spoon as I was hauling in a copper line. After a small cranking marathon  I  stopped to clear some weeds off the line it then wham! -  It jerked the line out of my hand as I was clearing the weeds, which I must say was a pretty cool sensation and  got my blood pumping.  It put up a nice fight, complete with a few aerobatics. Only fish of the day - but after that one I didn't really care.  Tight lines and fair winds to all.

post-144534-0-03367700-1439240917_thumb.jpeg

Well that certainly was a beautiful "post worthy" fish and a great post as well. It is also great to hear some positive commentary about living here in the Finger Lakes. For me it took three years away in the military overseas to fully realize just how special this place is and how fortunate we are to live around all this water so close by.  Just turning on the evening news reinforces just how lucky we are to live here too :)

Nice post Tom.  We only got the one but it was a pleasure to have a great evening out on the water with even better friends.  I am looking forward to that day on the big "O" you spoke of.  We will get back out soon and I will give you and the Dr. that gourmet meal.