East end of the lake is reporting early runs on rivers.

On Saturday, went out with my dad. Went 3 for 6.  Largest was 18 lbs - nice fish, good run. But the fishing was tough.

On Sunday, we started fishing bronte, marked a few good hooks but nadda, so at 9:30 we picked up and went to the spit.  Had more fun there, but nothing of size.  We did have a big one hit, wire got jammed in ring, and I had the split ring on my snap swivel break - that is a welded split ring which went before the 40 lb test fluoro line.  I wasn't happy with that, especially at the prices I paid (one of the better manufacturers out there).

Anyhow, wish we had just gone straight to the spit on Sunday morning.

Edited by TyeeTanic

It a long run from Grimsby to Toronto. And I don't really know the areas to fish but I might just make the run this weekend if the weather allows it. I am going to head towards port d the end of the week and see what's up there maybe Saturday I will have to burn some gas...

Toronto is easy, you will see the drop off in fronto of Toronto Island. Just zig zag inbetween 80 ft and 160 ft of water. Make sure you keep your eye on direction though, as the water level comes up fast and you can easily find your bait bouncing bottom, with several rods to clean.  If you can trailor your boat, it isn't a major task to get there from Bluffers.

• 4 weeks later...