Florida Tarpon?

I'm heading to Florida the end of April beginning of May next year. I am FINALLY going to go chase Tarpon, something I have always wanted to do! I will be in the Crystal River area which is just North of Tampa. Anyone have any suggestions for a guide that will put me on theese beats?? Any help would much appreciated!

Edited by JakeyBaby

You will probably need to travel an hour or so south (Charlotte Harbor, Pine Island areas) to get into tarpon that time of year.   I know a guide down there that I used to fish with a lot, as early as late March some years.   He fishes out of Matlacha, on Pine Island Sound.   Joe Harley, Snooktown Charters.   You can find him with a web search.   He has put me on quite a few tarpon, I have only landed one of the beasts though.   I have been going in in mid April without a guide the last few years and there are big tarpon around that time of year, if you know where to look for them.  Nice thing about Joe is after fishing for tarpon for a few hours he can put you on snook and redfish all day as well.  

text me!     I got one down there near tampa but  i was there in august.   my sisters bf  was  just down in boca grand last month and they landed 5 a guide i was with down there said thats where he goes out from to get any numbers!  ill text u the pics and let you know who they went with!   

We fish several times a year with a guide in the Naples area. Its a bit south of where you are but he is amazing. He is a backwater expert as well as some of the off shore areas. I have an amazing 2 hour plus video of a 150+ pounder that towed the boat several miles around the backwater last April ! Look up Chris McCubbin and tell him Ed and Scott from Canada sent you. Great guy!

I fished Boca Grande for the first time May 15 this year. There were plenty of fish, big fish. I caught 2 with the first one being a one hour battle covering over a mile of water. 7 feet long and 160 lbs, not even a 'big' one. Powerful and cool to watch gulp air and then take off on another run again and again and again and again... Second fish was a little 60 lb. Native Water Fishing Charters treated me well. Look em up! 600 for 6 hrs was a bargain to me. I want to go back every year in May-June. I would suggest not partying too hard the night before. Fighting a good Tarpon is a lot of work!post-155213-14395203669006_thumb.jpgpost-155213-14395203843393_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United