Algae bloom update

I think as far as Honeoye is concerned you'd be wasting your time going there at this point in the season. Between the weed growth, algae and the recent rains there and mud runoff it wouldn't be a great option I wouldn't think.

So we went down to Honeoye today, Got on the water at about 3:30. The plan was to panfish for a while and then bass fish till dark.Crabs and small jigs with waxies were the baits as they had been the go to baits in years past. ended up with 4 nice gills and 3 medium perch .Overall it was slow, fish were in 15 to 17 but the water was ugly, murky at best. when the wind died the algae kicked up and the bite died. Bass fishing was a bust nothing tried senkos and spinnerbaits not even a stray bass on a crab. needless to say this lake is off my list until they get their act together with the algae and water clarity 

I probably should have mentioned in my previous post that my son lives within a few hundred yards of the lake and he had quit fishing it already. I only fish it through the ice and during the first couple weeks of walleye season these days.  It is a truly eutrophic lake now and because it is so shallow (max. about 30 ft or so) once the water heats up all the other negative forces start to operate (high weed density, illegal raw sewage input and runoff, goose, duck and cormorant droppings (= coliform),algae bloom and various other things) till it becomes nearly unfishable and often no swimming is allowed when it peaks (skin rashes and worse).

Edited by Sk8man