Tekota 700 30# blood run copper

Depends on what # test you want to use for backing, but my calculator says 1900 feet of 30 lb power pro with 300 feet of the 32lb blood run copper. That's a lot! That reel has 6.1 cubic inches capacity with the ability to hold 350 yards of 30 lb mono. You could use 50 lb braid and I could do the calculation for that.

Mark

Depends on what # test you want to use for backing, but my calculator says 1900 feet of 30 lb power pro with 300 feet of the 32lb blood run copper. That's a lot! That reel has 6.1 cubic inches capacity with the ability to hold 350 yards of 30 lb mono. You could use 50 lb braid and I could do the calculation for that.

Mark

That seems like a lot but I'm no mathematician, would likely use 50# braid

That seems like a lot but I'm no mathematician, would likely use 50# braid

1150 feet of 50 lb power pro is what comes off the calculation. That will leave enough for the flouro leader on top. Edited by skipper19

The big difference in the diameter of 32 vs 45 lb copper is where you really gain extra volume for backing a lot with the 32lb. You can spool on way more 32 than 45 on the same reel. Up to 200 feet more with the same diameter of backing used.

32 lb copper is .030 in.

45 lb copper is .033 in.

It doesn't seem like a lot...3 thousands of an inch, but when that keeps overlaying 100 cranks of the handle at say 36 inches per crank it adds up quick.

.003 X 2 = .006 in. ( loss per wrap 180 degrees verticle opposit on the reel) for each 360 degree wrap on the reel.

You loose about 1/4 inch clearance on the reel frame with 45 lb vs 32 lb. Therefore loss of total length of copper with 45 lb copper in relation to the reels cubic capacity. That loss calculates to 200 feet less copper using 45lb instead of 32lb

Just a dumb truck driver, but driving log calculations are more difficult than this LOL!...Leave it to the Fed's to make it impossible to understand.:rolleyes:

Edited by skipper19