Penn Yan fuel consumption

My guess is 2-3 gallons per hour.   I have twin 454 Crusaders in my boat and that's a tad less than what I use (heavier boat so need to run slightly higher RPMs most likely).  On plane probably around 15-17 gallons per hour at cruise speeds.   If you are worried about fuel consumption breaking the bank - realize that there are a ton of other expenses associated with owning a boat like this. 

I just had my 23' Penn Yan tuned up yesterday new wires plugs distributor switched over to electronic ignition...I fished from 5:30 till noon and burned 8-9 gallons off course I have a 270 crusader(350) but I noticed a big difference in performance and gas consumption

That expense was$560...

Edited by dvdegeorge

Winter storage, slip, haul out and dump in, bottom paint, hull wax, new impellers every couple of years or more, batteries every few years, canvas every so often, cushions/bolsters, insurance - will need a survey too, as most insurance companies will require it on an older boat, and most marinas require you to carry insurance, fuel, fuel filters if you have a water separator, new plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor every few years, starters, alternators, winterization fees if you don't do it yourself, oil changes every 50-75 hours, then there are other things to look for - it will likely need stringers at some point if its a penn yan - that's a 10k expense minimum, then there are the catastrophic expenses when you need to have an engine rebuilt or some other break down.  Should have a few k set aside for a rainy day for that kind of stuff as well.  There's more - it's never ending with older boats.  You need to enjoy working on them also - or it will just be an exercise in frustration.....

Pressure washer, wax, fuel stabilizer, new prop when you hit a log, electric wench, 4 trailer tires, outdrive service and on and on and on and on....

B.O.A.T. Break Out Another Thousand ;)

Now it's more like Break Out Another Two Thousand