Ruff Rider Live Report Sodus 2015 August 14-16

Its mid august. Stable weather or not should be numbers that do not care bout temp much.... not saying anything about boxing out. Its fishing...  :) 

Was nothing learned from last year ???   Fish are spread out from 80 ft all the way over to Canada.  Looking like it will run late again this year. That's sweet- more time to chase em with the boat !

I'm on my way up for a week starting tomorrow Nick. Good luck today !!  

Nick, last weekend my brother (Ryan) and I were out between 580 and 720 feet and did two matures, four steelhead and dropped a few others. Don't worry about the temp. Fish deep between 95 and 130 on the riggers (with sliders) and the fish will be there. We were fishing in 41 degree temps. Mag dipsies on one settings back 285-295 took fish as well. All spoon bite.

Was nothing learned from last year ??? Fish are spread out from 80 ft all the way over to Canada. Looking like it will run late again this year. That's sweet- more time to chase em with the boat !

I'm on my way up for a week starting tomorrow Nick. Good luck today !!

I heard quite a few boats going deep.The kings are in shallow 120 best time to fish is very early or after 7pm.Either going later today or smallies which are also good.

John there were several of us that fished that 120fow almost all weekend and had VERY little to show for it. The bite this weekend was in 600+fow in Sodus. There were fish in shallow, but amongst the ten or so boats we talk to in there, there were less than five kings caught.

John there were several of us that fished that 120fow almost all weekend and had VERY little to show for it. The bite this weekend was in 600+fow in Sodus. There were fish in shallow, but amongst the ten or so boats we talk to in there, there were less than five kings caught.

we worked that shallow water pretty hard this morning with only 1 release to show for it. Went 3 for 6 in 300 plus biggest was 14 lbs.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

green prism echip with blue dolphin fly on mag dipsy set at 2 , 220 over 120 was good,black and purple on white back mag NK on copper 450.rigger was black spoon with glow tape.Love that fish wench on changing spoons ,lol

it's a tough choice walleyes,smallies or kings ,lakers

lake ontario is the best fishing hole with no doubt

i agree but after may its hard to find any walleyes here on the west end after 3rd week of may.   I normally fish out of the oak or sandy creek unless i fish with my brother like i did today

Thanks for the updates Nick and everyone else.  I head up to Sodus this afternoon for a week. You give me a good starting point at least for tomorrow.  Lots of south wind in the forecast should change things up a lot and cool down that inside water a bit. I will post some reports  :yes: