Seneca 8-14-2015

Mike from Mass.got here around noon and we went out about three. Set up right out in front of camp headed north. Picked up one 17" rainbow down 61' on a sliver alwife glow cup MS.put it back. That was it most bait was out deep ( 300 _ 500' ).... great to get back out.

For many years in the past it was just about always this way in August just the last few years where anything was going on at this time of year it may have cycled back again.

More than likly it just me. In the past my worst month was September , this year its been every one....Lol.....

Back out at 3:30 just got back picked up one 20" laker 67' down on a MS 42 sec spoon....and one release on the same rig ....that was it....

Had a good morning but could not keep them on and one cut us off or it was a pike. Nice pike was the only thing we got to the net....lost a good bow at the back of the boat another one that jumpped 4 times before he came unbutton.

Worth a shot Mike.  Pretty sad when jerking copper doesn't get them consistently Mike but I wouldn't resort to still fishing just yet either :lol:

Today was a great day to jig. Fish carpeted the bottom of the lake at 125 fow. Only got one on all day. It saw the boat and shook its head... gone. Couldn't get another bite after watching half mile of fish 3 feet off the bottom.

I almost thought it was my fish finder... shut everything off and drifted for awhile... fish all over the bottom.

Fished the north end Sunday morning. Two hours of trolling produced nothing. Started jigging and did pretty well. 90' to 130' produced 6 fish in the boat, dropped a couple others, and had one crazy Landlock spit the jig after doing 4 cartwheels at the boat. Nice morning!

Same for us. Got a few nice ones and some all ones. Lost a few. Had big bow break off ten foot from net. :(

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

First one we had on was a hog made three good runs before it cut off not sure if it was teeth or gill plate ... 

Today was a great day to jig. Fish carpeted the bottom of the lake at 125 fow. Only got one on all day. It saw the boat and shook its head... gone. Couldn't get another bite after watching half mile of fish 3 feet off the bottom.

I almost thought it was my fish finder... shut everything off and drifted for awhile... fish all over the bottom.

Still better than being inside......better luck next time out