eyes between the cat and dunkirk

seamaster

Launched out of Sturgeon on Friday. Ran 6 miles at 279 compass. Found and caught several nice walleye on large stick.  silver/blue  clown color yellow/red head. All fish on dipseys set at 185 and 175 back # 3 setting. I only use 17lb test/no snubber. Ticked bottom a few times. Trolled a north/south pattern right up tp Canadian line. Started in 67FOW to 73 FOW. Been fishing evenings most of this season and have done very well in this area. I right between State Park and the Cat for a better reference. Marked most fish very tight to bottom. Trolled very slow, 1.4 to 1.7 SOG on gps.

Cant catch"em all. Good fishing. Hope this helps.

We did 13 Sunday. 300 copper and riggers with wd spoons 75 ft down. I'll tell you one thing we I truly believe in is light leaders, small swivels, small spoons and slow. Act like you brown trout fishing in April in olcott but with the lure 70 ft plus down.

I learned a ton on this site applying trout techniques to walleye. Temp and down speed are so important and I'll never run anything but stealth core and a church board as far as lead

core.

We did 13 Sunday. 300 copper and riggers with wd spoons 75 ft down. I'll tell you one thing we I truly believe in is light leaders, small swivels, small spoons and slow. Act like you brown trout fishing in April in olcott but with the lure 70 ft plus down.

I learned a ton on this site applying trout techniques to walleye. Temp and down speed are so important and I'll never run anything but stealth core and a church board as far as lead

core.

Excellent report RD9. I remember my first charter out of Port Clinton he made us guys, we were the only guys on the boat 6 of us. Anyway he made us all tie a fluro of 10# test on a rods length. He said we were the best crew he had all year that was the 2nd week of June. We left the dock at 6:30am and we were back at the dock at 11:30 am with a 6 man ticket. He said the secrete was the light fluro leader. On days that are tough he drops to 8# test. Tight lines to all!!

How it happened for us is we never could catch many Browns on Ontario and I don't know who it was but they said I was fishing to heavy of line. I started ready every thing I could on this page.

Taking a light leader allows us to run th WDs slower with more action. Then last year I was like why do I run metal leaders on my harness attached to florou leader? Every harness we run know has a florou leader. They break in the net occasional and I just re tie them.

We went out yesterday evening for a couple hours before dark. 70 to 65 foot of water off Evangola. One three pound walleye on a harness and a dipsey at 3 setting 135 out. A 24 inch brown took two stick baits on separate dipseys together. A terrific fighter. 8:00 PM headed in as darkness was near.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I fished the western, the central, and on my bucket list is to fish the eastern basin of Erie, and with the different species makes it more interesting, next year I will be in better shape to do this, but ya you guys are really are blesses.

When they're biting they're biting, when they not its slow. We still managed three nice eyes ourselves in 85 fow straight out of Dunkirk on Monday night. A 19# slob laker too on 10color with a harness. post-149874-14399981761648_thumb.jpgpost-149874-1439998194976_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

When they're biting they're biting, when they not its slow. We still managed three nice eyes ourselves in 85 fow straight out of Dunkirk on Monday night. A 19# slob laker too on 10color with a harness. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1439998174.841386.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1439998192.878213.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That laker must have put up a heckuva fight.  I had one maybe half that size on a spinning rod out there and it took forever for my daughter to bring in.

She kept reeling and it wasnt coming so the line got twisted all to heck to boot