eyes between the cat and dunkirk

seamaster

We boated 20 last Saturday, best area was 100-120fow deep.. 75-85 on riggers, dipseys 220 , orange and copper did the best for us at 1.5-1.7mph .. Good luck! I'm heading to olcott in the morning chasing kings and then dunkirk Saturday or Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Headed down tomorrow for my first time ever fishing eyes on Erie. Any help would be appreciated. Plan to launch out of Dunkirk

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Maybe read the last couple pages of posts? Pretty good info on depth, speed, lures. Edited by overthelimit

We got 9 walleye today just west of Dunkirk in 85 to 90 ft of water.We caught eyes on 10 color leadcore,dipsey out 180 ft on #2 setting and riggers down 70 ft.At 1.9 mph with small chatter sticks in perch color.We also caught 4 Lakers,1 Steelhead and 21 Silver Bass.North & South was best direction for current pull & action.

I was at the cleaning station at the Hanover launch on the Cat yesterday.  A lot of eyes came in. there seems to have been a good bite between the Cat and Dunkirk from 75' on out. We also picked one up dunking minnows on the bottom for perch.

Yesterday off the Catt, a little west, 75 foot of water, our four boats picked up 9, 5, 4 and 5 Walleyes . Riggers and worm harnesses set close to the bottom did the best. A couple on dipseys.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

we fished straight out of Dunkirk 100 ft riggers out 75 ft and 75 ft down  dipesys #3 setting  back 200 ft on harnesses all blue and silver prizm all  home made two mile a hour caught all are fish mid afternoon  the fish on the top was 19 in long

post-146086-0-96002200-1441070125_thumb.jpg

Edited by yellowpike

Fished out of sturgeon this morning. Lots of whites, a decent perch and one keeper. Lost another at the boat. Ran out near the line to 70fow plenty of marks on the bottom. Just couldn't get em to go. Ran sticks of lead core 4-5colors with snap weights, down riggers with spoons. Should have added some worm harnesses.

Was down last Saturday and caught 5 from 27 to 30 inches. We used bay rats and harnesses with green and copper. Think we could have done better if I could have slowed the boat some. What speeds is everyone trolling at?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I fish Lake Ontario.I have a 27 ft searay fuly eqiped trout and salmon.Looking for a erie walleye  fisherman who would show me erie waleye fishing for a fall salmon lake fishing trip.My boat is about 25 miles east of rochester.

Thanks guys

john

Labor Day weekend resulted in many boats boxing out on Walleyes. The hot spot off Point Breeze was seven miles out NW in the steam boat lanes of 78 to 68 feet of water. The fish are holding tight to the bottom where riggers and worm harnesses. Popping the harness free and letting it rise turned many Walleyes on.

We also boxed out off pt breeze in this area. Our best set up was a black dipsy set on 3 150 ft back on wire with black and purp harness. Riggers also worked set at 70. A lot of fish caught popping the rigger and giving the harness a few jerks on the way up.

I fished 78 fow out of Catt, half way to Dunkirk Aug 29th.

Killed them. Not big fish, 3 to 5 lbs, but tons of fun.

We were getting 2 at a time on big dipseys with wire line. Both dipseys set on 3.5

One out 260 feet and the other 200 feet back. Black and purple worm harness on one, Renosky on

the other. Down riggers worked also, when fish on screen, send rigger to bottom and trip it off.

Worked every time with a bare renosky (no worm required). Worm harness works good but 2 silver bass for every walleye. Find a bunch of fish and stay on them with big wide circle trolling pattern and you will limit. Never got a single fish on the boards with lead core.

we did well yesterday in that same area also. went 7.5 miles north out of the cat we boxed out with 12 nothing big but we were off the water by 1.riggers were hot purple and black harness 7 color with 3oz took a few as well  78-82 fow.

A good tip when traveling out there is to have a good compass and check for a return route. It gets hazy out there and the shoreline disappears and you can end up in Ohio.