eyes between the cat and dunkirk

seamaster

A few days ago I was on Chautauqua Lake trolling and got overtaken by solid fog,could not even see the front of the boat.I used my Raymarine S1000 Autopilot set to run to my Waypoint for Prendergast Launch.At 10 mph the Autopilot took me back to the launch,only 20 ft off the boueys.

Be careful.  The best investment I ever made when I was chartering was radar. 

Where do you put radar on your 14ft. or my 16ft.Small boaters should have a good compus and a GPS.Watch your compus going out so you know if you are east or west of your harbor.A little common sence will get you back.

Chart plotters are wonderful in the fog and haze. The problem becomes over reliance and speeding to crash into other boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Next time, I am going to have WW4 stand in the bow holding a lantern and whistling

LoL :*:rofl:

Still happening off point breeze. Boxed out black dipsy on wire 150 back on 2.5 with purp and black harness at 2.2 mph. Riggers at 70 with harness 100 off the ball. Orange, purp& blk also pink& gold worked well. All fish were between 3-6 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Still happening off point breeze. Boxed out black dipsy on wire 150 back on 2.5 with purp and black harness at 2.2 mph. Riggers at 70 with harness 100 off the ball. Orange, purp& blk also pink& gold worked well. All fish were between 3-6 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Re-Klein-eR

I was fishing the same area as you on the 11th., with my dipsy set the same as yours and same color.  my rigger was set the same as well but I was at 1.5 to 1.7 mph and ony caught 2.  is the speed going to impact the catch rate that much?

Wingman

I put the boat back in the slip and Dunkirk after fishing Lake Ontario. Took a ride out to 100 ft straight out and trolled two wd's and got a walleye and a perch in about 45 minutes. Hope to get out today.

Wingman73

The speed absolutly can effect triggering the strikes. I usually troll at 1.8mph. the week before in

the same area my fish were at 1.5mph. So changing the speed up is something I always mess with

if I am not getting hits. The other thing I think helped is black dipsey's. I ran a pink for awhile with

no strikes when I changed to black it worked. I also talked to some guys who got all their fish off the

riggers and did not get a good dipsey bite. So I think it was the black dipseys that helped. most of my

fish came off the dipsey's. I also run the harness about 6 feet of the dipsey.

Walleye numbers off Point Breeze dropped a lot now that the water temperature fell six degrees over last week. One boat came in with forty eight perch from seventy two feet of water yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app