Fished solo today in 28.5 to 31 lines a little east of port. Started west of port and just rode east and north. I was setting up some release points on my long coppers with waxed dental floss for the outrigger releases and had just finished with them when the deepest rigger running 70 down took off with a pearl white green stripe pro troll echip and Atomik hammer glow fly. A good scream on the Penn reel and the counter was out 270. A good tussle and a one handed net job brought the first king in the boat. Whew! Sweat pouring off now! Set it back down to run at 60 cause there were streakers on the screen at that level. Temp was between 46 and 49 in 60 to 70 fow. I had spoons down intermittent but they didn't do anything so I let the long coppers run off the outriggers instead with spin doctors, one with twinkie meat, and the other with a blue/green alewife fly. Both coppers were running at 400 feet one a 45 lb the other a 32 lb blood run presentation. The 32 lb took a shot with nobody home pulling the alewife fly. Set it back and shortly after it flys off the outrigger and the blacks release. It screams off the other 200 feet of copper remaining on the reel and continues to scream off another 300 feet of backing! Now I got work to do..and a much longer battle than the first major with all of 900 feet out to come back with. Finally the battle is over and one handed net job again, with a struggle to get it in the boat...getting old I guess! Good thing there was time in between these fish to recover with my frog togg chilly pad! That thing is a life saver on a hot still day! Thanks to Yankee Troller Rick for suggesting it a couple years ago!. One more shot on the echip flasher and hammer fly produced a skippy from 75 feet off the rigger and it was a bleeder so I boxed it for a limit and quit for the afternoon.

Great day and great weather. Fishing was scattered for kings out deep. Great weather, fishing a bit scattered for kings...no steelhead today.

post-140268-14397583225335_thumb.jpgpost-140268-14397583952586_thumb.jpg

Edited by skipper19