I-bay 8/16 report....Estimate this lakers weight?

Got on the water today at 7, motored out to 200 and set up on a northeast troll. Down temp was 47 degrees down 90ft. Worked our way out to 500 fow, picked up at 10. Blank screen, didn't have a release.

Set up in 200 fow and worked our way back in, started marking fish and a few small pods of bait east of I bay, started to pick up some lakers. Ended the day 6 for 9, all lakers. Best area was 110-130 fow, down 100-110. Didn't have a scale on the boat, the lake trout in the picture measured 35" inches. Should have got a girth on it but wanted to get it back in the water ASAP. What would you guys estimate the fish at? Largest laker I've caught in the past was just under 20lbs and this was much bigger. Needless to say the scale is in the boat now.

post-142274-0-86629900-1439763130_thumb.jpg

The 23.14 we won the summer loc with was 37" and fat. I would say 18-22lbs. The 24.11 I have on my wall was 39", and the 34.06 was 43 3/8" long.

Edited by GAMBLER

The 23.14 we won the summer loc with was 37" and fat. I would say 18-22lbs. The 24.11 I have on my wall was 39", and the 34.06 was 43 3/8" long.

Man those are some whales!!! What pic is the 43"er. That defiantly on my bucket list, I have a walleye and a pike mounted and would like to get a laker mounted. That would complete my man cave, I've been saving a spot for it.

Guessing can be very hard, and this calculator I've used in the past is obviously an estimate,

But say that fish has a girth of 24," which definitely seems possible based on length of 35" - if you scale out the photo - That fish would be approx. 25 lbs.

Anyway, guessing is more fun than knowing, and creates great story telling - also full disclaimer - I have never actually weighed a fish in my life, so based on experience I'm not the one to ask!

http://campmanitoufishing.com/lake-trout-weight-formula.htm

Edited by FLXTrolling

Man those are some whales!!! What pic is the 43"er. That defiantly on my bucket list, I have a walleye and a pike mounted and would like to get a laker mounted. That would complete my man cave, I've been saving a spot for it.

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/32590-gamblers-2012-season-in-review/

Here you go Pap.  Check this link.  Half way down you will see Kurt holding the beast. 

This one was all of 26 lbs.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1439852214.581821.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app[/quote

If that pic was from today you must be a reptile, {cold blooded} today it was 93* in the shade and in that long sleeved and long pants type suit, you must have been roasting. I mean no harm even if you don't need that attire for health reasons!! I would wear a snowmobile suit in August if that's what it takes to land a laker of that size!! LOL. Excellent catch my friend, great pics, I'm just jealous to be honest.

Edited by pap

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/32590-gamblers-2012-season-in-review/

Here you go Pap.  Check this link.  Half way down you will see Kurt holding the beast.

Thanks for sharing, you guys certainly live up to the old saying that {size does matter} all those pics are to be proud of. I remember you mentioned to come out your way and you'd show me laker land. I think I might take you up on that next year!!! Thanks again GAMBLER. Your friend (Mike) PAP.

Here you go Pap. Check this link. Half way down you will see Kurt holding the beast.

Dude, that fish is a specimen! It doesn't have that loose slobby gut either like you sometimes see on big Lakers. Gorgeous. That had to be a riot to bring in. Edited by FLXTrolling

Funny Pap! That was a fish caught two days before this years spring loc derby. I put it back so hopefully some one else can catch it and enjoy the fight it gave me.

Tight lines

Well done my friend, I was definitely surprised to see a cold weather type rain gear!! So something smelled fishy, but hey nothing surprises me anymore. People wear all kinds of clothes for certain health reasons. Two thumbs up on the release, congrats on the catch!!

Pap, people were showing pics of their lakers from all different,times of the year, so I could not resist to share mine. Not sure why u are so concerned when it was caught but that's okay. That's what this whole board is about info and knowledge. Hopefully someone can use the pic to gauge the size and shape of their trophy down the road.

Tight lines