Will walleye lures catch salmon,trout

I have boxes of renoskis,thunder sticks and such. these lures from fishing Lake Erie for eyes.will they catch Ontario fish? Also what size rigger balls should I buy for Ontario and any certain kind? I ordered Dan keatings book today for some knowledge before I go on my first trip. Thanks fellows

Get some spoons larger than what you'd generally run on Erie plus some flasher fly combo's. Spool on some flea line and make sure drags are smooth. If you have at least 10lb weights you should be OK as you need to run faster and probably deeper than your accustomed to on Erie. Keep your spread basic to start with fewer rods than you might put out for an Erie spread. Have fun.

Picked up some spoons and a flasher and a few flies over the weekend.

PA fisher, why don't you take me eye fishing on erie and I'll take you out and show you the basics for kings on ontario.

Sounds good but I have not been to Erie this year and not great at it yet, maybe next season.

I have boxes of renoskis,thunder sticks and such. these lures from fishing Lake Erie for eyes.will they catch Ontario fish? Also what size rigger balls should I buy for Ontario and any certain kind? I ordered Dan keatings book today for some knowledge before I go on my first trip. Thanks fellows

Absolutely they will hit walleye lures.  I used to troll the deep diving Reef Runners for spring kings on the Missouri river, and caught quite a few on them.  I caught quite a few steelhead and lakers on them in Lake Ontario, as well as cohos.  Rapala Husky jerks work well off the riggers too.  I think we fishermen get so locked into fishing only certain things for certain types of fish, that we sometimes miss out on good lures.  A good lure catches fish, plain and simple, of many different species.  I catch all kinds of Missouri river walleyes on my salmon gear, too.  Last year I caught a 28" walleye 100' down on a meat rig and paddle over 160' of water while salmon fishing, for instance.  Good luck and don't be afraid to experiment.  Maybe you will accidentally invent the next salmon lure craze!!  :)  :yes:  :yes:

Edited by John Kelley

I have a storm perch crankbait that has caught all species including large lakers. Of course they don't sell that specific color anymore. 2 years ago I caught several coho on Lake Huron using chartreuse crawler harnesses with live crawlers!! Fun day.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United