Cayuga 8-16 Aurora

Left Union Springs at 7:30 set up just north of Aurora in 120 fow.  Trolled south 100-150 fow 2.2 gps speed put out 2 divers and 2 riggers out 55 and 75.  Fished til 10:30 landed two average LT had a few hits on the riggers but nobody was home.  Both fish came on the same diver rod out 200 with a dreamweaver lazer glow gold spook. 

Went past the college out to 200 fow towards long point and turned.  Nothing moved on the north troll on the same line 2.0-3.0 gps speeds.  No fleas but there were weeds.  Should have picked up more frequently and kept things clean.

Saw bait and marked plenty of suspended fish down 75 over 120.  Couldn't seem to get them to go.

Edited by slouiscar

I had same problem 2 weeks ago. Lots of marks and bait suspended but would not hit any thing. Moved into 80 fow and dragged bottom and started catching fish. I think the warm weather drives them down on the bottom. The suspended fish are there but not actively feeding. I don't know I guess just a theory. They were feeding better on the bottom than in the temp. Maybe things will change on the next over cast day.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I can tell you one thing that all of our fish came out of 63-65* water Saturday. Couldn't find active fish in under 60*.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I don't know if maybe with the high sun and warm weather the fish that are suspended and not hitting anything are maybe boat shy. I don't know all I know is the last time I went out. Fish were all over in suspended water 40 to 60 ft range and wouldn't do anything. When I moved to 80 ft and bounced bottom I started catching fish. Amazing how a animal with a brain the size of a pea can keep us scratching our heads.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sunday, out in front of the college.... they carpeted the bottom.. got one big one hooked up on a jig but got off near the surface. Put a solid 4 hours in on jigging a mile stretch of water...nadda.

I read a bass article about tournament strategy of local pro. He said when bass carpet the and area.. just keep moving. Course these are trout but maybe the same rule could be put in theory? Next time I'm just going to give a few tries... then move to next arena a fish... check back later if there are condition changes...

Lake looked very nice today just before the rain

Mike