Oneida 8-14 & 8-15

WoodieBoater

Had a really tough walleye trip. I wont go into too much detail but we arrived late on Friday in Sylvan and threw a hail mary and tried to troll in the dark with glowing worm rigs (didn't expect much, didn't get anything).

Saturday morning got on the water at 5:15 with high hopes. Listened to the radio, heard guys heading off the water with limits. trolled until 11 with everything from standard sticks to jointed sticks to walleye spoons to salmon spoons to worm rigs in every color we had (again, not even a bump).

Took a nap and ate something and headed back out at 6:30 to try jigging at dusk and after dark with lights (too stubborn to take a hint I guess). Jigged from 6:30 to 11:30 and got a couple bumps and one white bass. Pretty discouraging weekend but at least we were on the water.

Quite a haul from your place too...sorry it didn't go as expected Dave. Those critters can be very elusive and unless you are routinely following them from day today (as a lot of the "locals"do) it can be a guessing game with questionable outcomes a lot of surface area on that pond....hopefully next time will go more smoothly.  Sounds as though you gave it a good try anyway.

yeah heard some chatter of the eyes that were caught spitting up shiners in the livewell so they're definitely gorging themselves.

im not sore about it, it definitely happens to the best of us (not that im the best). just throwing up a report of our findings for the weekend in case anyone was planning a trip out there this week and wanted to know.

Were planning an October walleye/duck hunting trip for Oneida and fish creek so hopefully get into them then

I am here now for the week and has been very slow for me as well. I am not a walleye guy but staying here with family and been trying for anything using worms/shiners etc. trolling has been difficult with all the floating weeds everywhere. Picked up a walleye casting sticks but that has been it. If anyone has any pointers for catfish or anything to keep the kids entertained shoot me a pm..... Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Fwiw i fished there a bunch in the 90's after some bs dec reports of tigers being caught there. Got some nice pike but no musky. But there was an island to the left of the state launch where there were schools of sheepshead. I took a can of worms there once and sight fished for them. At that time i could pick and choose which one to catch. Check it out.

Nice job hookem- also wanted to thank everyone again for info. After the front passed through thurs, the water cleared up a bit and the walleyes started cooperating. Got 4 fri am... Nothing huge but nice to get some action after a slow week. Most action was trolling 30-35fow

I am here now for the week and has been very slow for me as well. I am not a walleye guy but staying here with family and been trying for anything using worms/shiners etc. trolling has been difficult with all the floating weeds everywhere. Picked up a walleye casting sticks but that has been it. If anyone has any pointers for catfish or anything to keep the kids entertained shoot me a pm..... Thanks

Try casting spinners and worms on the south side of Frenchmens Island in the weeds,the pickeral should keep you moving all day,try orange.You could also pick up some perch with minnows or worms on the edge of the weeds. :)

Well the fishing was TUFF today to say the least. Went back to my waypoints from yesterday and the fish were still around but had lockjaw. Ran the same program from yesterday but never moved a rod till 10am. Switched a few things up and began to pick away at them and finally boxed out around 2pm. Screen was loaded, best was 46fow down 30. @ 1.9 mph .Talked to a lot of guys today who also had a tuff go of it. Seems we did better than most but not good enough. At least I got a nice meal a in the future. Time to go chase some salmon now till the fall bite kicks in. Did see a 4ft sturgeon jump completely out of the water right next to the boat👀 tight lines.

post-142983-0-97309200-1440376520_thumb.jpg

post-142983-0-28378900-1440376541_thumb.jpg

post-142983-0-34831300-1440376862_thumb.jpg