best archery store near rochester and best target for broadheads

Hi all,

2 questions for you:

1. i finally switched from mechanicals to fixed blades and my new muzzy trocars have completely tore up the 3 layered foam targets i have. What is the most durable target for practicing with broadheads (i like to practice a LOT)!

2. what is the best archery store near rochester or the hemlock-canandaigua area?

thanks!

andre

Traditions is an excellent shop, where the staff pays attention to detail. I purchased my current bow there, and have had work done in the past on my old bow. As far as targets go, good question. I have had a "black hole" target for 4 years. I usually start shooting heavy in August,and maybe 4 days a week. I rarely shoot "practice" broad head tips as my field points appear to fly just as well. I can no longer shoot the center as the arrow blows threw. That being said, the outter areas are still in good shape,and I should get a few more years out of it. I have used other targets with the same results. Broadheads or practice broadhead tips do a job on any target after time.

I always used to place a straw bale behind any of the paper or plastic targets and used field tips for practice as just about any foam or cardboard etc. target will pretty quickly deteriorate with use and the paper or plastic targets  are "expendable". The broadheads will tear up about anything and I always felt that the edges of them would degrade using them that way unless they are dedicated to that use.

Edited by Sk8man

traditions is very good, I reccomend the rhinehart targets as they will last forever but are expensive. Also tractor supply throws out 12*18 foam blocks..They use them to ship theri 3pt hitches in or something.   I usually pick up 12 or so of them and take four of them and duct tape them together for you large target. You get about 3-500 arrows out of one block before you start shooting through. If you are ever by a tractor supply take a ride around back and they usually are stacked there to be thrown out. FREE targets are Great 

Edited by salmonite

Make the drive out to piffard drapes archery only place I will go.sells hoyt prime bear bowtech,accessories trees tandem even has crossbows.you won't be disappointed he's an upfront honest guy and will give you his opinion too.tell him justin maggio sent ya!I'm the guy with the small 12 ft lund,well now I upgraded to something bigger,but remember running into you a few times.best of luck Dre and remember "team bowtech"!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

2 questions for you:

1. i finally switched from mechanicals to fixed blades and my new muzzy trocars have completely tore up the 3 layered foam targets i have. What is the most durable target for practicing with broadheads (i like to practice a LOT)!

2. what is the best archery store near rochester or the hemlock-canandaigua area?

thanks!

andre

Good move toss the mechanicals out and good luck this year the Muzzys will out perform .